Big Key to tonights game

southsider2k5

We need a good pitching preformance from Mark tonight. After getting a ton of innings yesterday from the pen, guys like Marte and Koch are only going to be available on a limited basis if at all. He needs to bear down and get us deep into the game, and hopefully the offense will make sure that we don't need our key pen guys.

Guest hotsoxchick1

big key to tonites game is offense... gotta get em on base and MOVE THEM OVER..........NOT LEAVE THEM STRANDED.............if we can manage that much then we will be ok.............and the rest will fall into place..... stop hitting for the fences and gettin solo shots and get those little singles and doubles that matter more so ...........

Seems like the biggest key of all for tonight's game is making sure that we score at least one more run than Toronto does.

I agree. If we can match the same number of runs Toronto has, but can manage to score one more then them, by the end of the ninth inning. we will win.

:P

Guest hotsoxchick1
Seems like the biggest key of all for tonight's game is making sure that we score at least one more run than Toronto does.

;)

lmao.. yeah rex that would help........ :D

So what you guys are saying is that the key is to score more runs than the Blue Jays do? Man that is some radical thinking. Maybe someone should call Jerry with that theory.

yes, SS2K3, that is what i'm saying. in order for the sox to win, we must score more runs than the opponent. since a game can't end in a 0-0 tie, a team must score more runs than the opposing team in order to be victorious.

I think we will be swept in this series...Mark will be rocked today. Blue Jays swept the NYY and we wont do nothing agst them, this team is on the same level as the Tigers...just horrible. Sad but true. Please Sox, prove i´m wrong!!!!

Guest hotsoxchick1
I think the key to the game is to show up :D

they show up.. but if they dont at least try to go through the motions then whats the point?????? hits hits hits, runs runs runs.... get them over and dont leave anyone stranded.... are what the keys are to winning this game.........we had better be on the ball and doing them all tonite............

Getting swept will be unacceptable but it doesn't look like Manuel is gonna lose his job til the end of the season.

We've had so many bad losses the past couple weeks if we were gonna fire him we'd have done so by now.

Well, I was looking forward to watching the game on ESPN2 last night. Had a family gathering for Memorial Day so I put the VCR on. Got home and sat down to zip through the commercials and watch the game. In the 6-7-8 I wished I had zipped through the game and watched the commercials. MB deserved better. Maybe though this is his turnaround and good times are coming?

Well, I was looking forward to watching the game on ESPN2 last night. Had a family gathering for Memorial Day so I put the VCR on. Got home and sat down to zip through the commercials and watch the game. In the 6-7-8 I wished I had zipped through the game and watched the commercials. MB deserved better. Maybe though this is his turnaround and good times are coming?

Not likely

He just gains a little confidence, and has it crushed 5 innings later as the team lets him down.

I'd look for another blowup or two in his next couple starts.

That's horses*** that he lost. That's why they need to include another stat that includes players....the W-L column....if you make a dumb play in the field, you lose the game, the pitcher doesn't take the fall. However, if you make a great play or you hit a game-winning homer, you win the game.

Great players wouldn't lose, bad players would never win.

That's horses*** that he lost.  That's why they need to include another stat that includes players....the W-L column....if you make a dumb play in the field, you lose the game, the pitcher doesn't take the fall.

In a way, they do. It's called ERA which is supposed to measure a pitcher's effectiveness while protecting him from errors. The flaw is, they have to be scoring errors for one. Two, it includes errors on the pitcher, which he should be held accountable for. Mental mistakes such as throwing to the wrong base or losing a ball in the lights are not measured. (though it would be nearly impossible to do so)

In a way, they do.  It's called ERA which is supposed to measure a pitcher's effectiveness while protecting him from errors.  The flaw is, they have to be scoring errors for one.  Two, it includes errors on the pitcher, which he should be held accountable for.  Mental mistakes such as throwing to the wrong base or losing a ball in the lights are not measured. (though it would be nearly impossible to do so)

I disagree that a pitcher's errors should be reflected in his ERA as earned runs. His ERA is a reflection of his pitching ability, which has nothing to do with his fielding abilities. Those abilities, or lack of, are reflected in their own stats such as errors, fielding pct, etc.