frank 0-1, 1-1, out to 7

bottom of 9th

3-2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, it's good Shiner Bock from Texas, I love the stuff and I'm pouring down my throat

Go pen! Wish he had a closer that didn't cause my ass to pucker

Oh, that's what you meant by pouring. I'm so young, I didn't catch on. :)

If that's the case....pour away! :headbang :headbang :headbang

koch pitching

bottom of 9th

3-2 sox

1 out no one

8 straight scoreless outings

6 straight hitless outings

hudson 1-0, crowd thought it was way in, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 on foul, K swinging 1 out, dtk, olivio tags for out

Suppose the score will remain the same and my prediction will come true?

I say yes.  Loz is a friggin stud, and this offense will stay quiet the rest of the game.

I say we lose 7-3. :o

I WANT HEAR MORE DIRE PREDICTIONS!!!! :lolhitting

Reverse pyschology!! :headbang

witesoxfan has feeling 3-2 Sox

bmr has feeling for 7-3 Toronto win

who wins? :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

whitesox fans do? YEAH IM REAL BROKEN UP I WAS WRONG, lol. :rolleyes:

the reference was to our poster witesoxfan.

please buy a scoreecard so you can follow the playas.

Wrong. reference was made to us both. Let me spell it out for you lol. I AM HAPPY THE SOX WON. Did that help?

Wrong. reference was made to us both. Let me spell it out for you lol. I AM HAPPY THE SOX WON. Did that help?

what is the problem????

I assume you are happy that Sox won despite your posted feweling on what the outcome would be.

We had two prognasticians, one was exactly right on, one was wrong

no implied you were sad because you were wrong -

and you posted the wrong "feeling" so it is fair game to discuss

but we are al;l happy and no one has said otherwise

get it? have I spelled it out enough?

what is the problem????

I assume you are happy that Sox won despite your posted feweling on what the outcome would be.

We had two prognasticians, one was exactly right on, one was wrong

no implied you were sad because you were wrong -

and you posted the wrong "feeling" so it is fair game to discuss

but we are al;l happy and no one has said otherwise

get it? have I spelled it out enough?

Yeah. I just throw out s*** that comes to me. A lot of it turns out to be right. It had nothing to do with negativity. Just a feeling. I was wrong and i am happy. :headbang

I've just finished watching yesterday's game...Great outing by E-Lo and Maggs. Thomas and Daubach had 3 lineouts between them, no luck whatsoever, good game oversall. Marte and Koch were near automatic. Great sign...The only true negative was Crede, he didn't look loike a major leaguer once again, what an enigma.

This was a perfect game to re-enforce my point about Jose being a "winner" even when he is dead cold at the plate (which he has been for a month now...though to be fair 730 OPS and 23 Rbi from a SS hitting from 2nd/7th spot is not all that bad...when he inevitably gets hot, the numbers will go up). Anyway, here is what he did that once again will NOT show up in stats at th end of the year and thus will be ignored by the likes of rafa and cwsox:

--Walks, takes second after a tiny bounce in the dirt, the look on catcher's face said it all. Could have taken 3rd on the next play but since there were two outs he decided not to sense to risk it. Again, he won't get a benefit of a SB (or two if he'd gone), but that's what it basically was. Soon pitchers will realize that throwing low sliders and curves and splitters with him on base is not such a good idea which should only help the hitter at the plate, no?

--Hits a hard ground ball down the line with 1-2-1out, Delgado makes his best Konerko impersonation (KC series anyone?) by not even bending for the ball. Scored as a double, then inexplicably changed to an error (a 2B at the Cell), but whetever, the runner scores another makes 3rd, one out....A few batters later, Borchard hits an infield pop, but---lo and behold--Jose scores a SF...WTF? You should have seen that bastard Catalonato who thought he could get away with half-assing on the play...lol

--On defensive side...first Jose jumps and takes away a would-be double....later he makes a great gundown play on fast Hudson (I think), saving an infield hit....few innings later, with 1-2-1out and Loaiza strugginling, he makes a great full-out dive catch up the middle, flipping the ball to Jimenez for a HUGE forceout. If the ball goes though, the run scores and a man would be on 3rd with 1 out with Delgado getting a chance to bat. Instead relieved Loaiza induces an inning ending groundball a batter later (which Jimenez f***ed up allowing the runner to score, but at least Delagado didn't come up and 3-2 is better than 3-5 or some such if Jose doesn't make the dive)

--Oh yeah, I forgot about another walk...with Jose at first Olivo bunts, but instead of stopping at second Jose makes a brilliant move around it and takes for third while the pitcher releases the ball toward Delgado, who is distracted by Jose's bold move as he was motioning with one hand for someone to get over there...result? Big man misses an easy out and the ball goes through him, another error, runner at 1-3-no-out, everything in place for a HUGE inning....Eventually Manuel decides to send Olivo while Borchard is embroiled in a 8-pitch battle. Lidle throw a perfect high fastball to K JoBo all the while allowing the catcher to get up for it and throw to 2nd in one motion where he barely got Olivo who got a bad jump. Double play....good news is that 9 out of 10 Olivo is safe on the play like that and an even better news is that Sox are starting to play the very kind of small ball that brought them so much success in 2000....As far as Jose, Hawk yelling "I love it...Jose is the best I've ever seen at that" is pretty self-explanantory :)

Basically Jose won another game using skills that will not show up in stats, so the only way to appreciate them is to watch games, something that I emphasize contantly...But then agin if all you go by are near-meaningless error totals (think about it: if he did make a routine, 2-out error last night and as per usual noone scored as a result, would it have overshadowed his huge contribution to a victory? No, unless it was Graffanino-big!) and even more meaningless batting average, then I am sure your mind is not changeable.

Great analysis Brando. I've always been a fan of the intangibles that never get noticed which Jose brings to this team.

Thanks, Killa...Speaking of leadership/intangibles, you know what trhe first thing they showed as soon as the game was over? Manos putting his arm around Jimenez shoulder and smiling his ass off. Have you noticed that DJ himself is smiling pretty often himself lately? Hell, if Jose had a hand in turning around underachieving youngster's attitude or work ethic, which in turn allows him to become an all star 2b, leadoff guy for the Sox for years to come....that alone would be HUGE even if Jose ends up having a mediocre season and is gone next year IMO.

Hey, I'll be the first one to admits that Jose has been disappointing so far; his OBP need to go up 50-60 points and the RBI numbers are not nearly up to par even if not exactly terrible....Having said that, most knee-jerk Jose bashers are simply not looking beyond one-dimensional number totals (error and average)....Jose is finally starting to actually see the ball and there was never a qustion about his bat being live, he is finally healthy and is playing on regular basis for the first time since 2000 (which in turn was the first time in his underachiving career). I still think Jose will get 80-90+ RBI when it's all said and done, and that is just great from your SS all intangibles considered.

Crede, Konerko, Rios, Daubach, Tejada are some of the players who are having worse seasons than Jose so far.

I say yes.  Loz is a friggin stud, and this offense will stay quiet the rest of the game.

oops, i was a day late on this vision, i guess. :huh:

Hey, we're both right!

White Sox fans win again! :headbang

Hey, we're both right!

White Sox fans win again! :headbang

I dont have this vision thing mastered yet, but I am amazing with numbers.