One year ago today

DonkeyKongerko

The White Sox go into Cleveland looking to rebound from a 4 game losing streak mostly due to a sweep courtesy of the Yankees. At the time the team was 28-25 and only 2.5 games out of first place:

5/31/02: 7-0 L WP: Colon LP: Glover

6/01/02: 8-4 L WP: Baez LP: Ritchie

6/02/02: 4-3 L WP: Finley LP: Wright

A 3 game sweep courtesy of the Tribe and the Sox would not climb above .500 until sometime in September I believe. I also remember that June 1st game being especially painful when Ritchie gave up 8 unearned runs in one inning. Anyways, here's to a better trip to the Mistake than last summer.

Go Sox!! :usa

At least this year we're crappy,earlier in the season, to remove any surprises.We got two in a row-time to build on it.Let's see if there's still a pulse in this corpse of a team.We need 3 outta 4 or even a sweep.Anything short of that and we'll be just spinning our wheels.............

K-Y

The White Sox go into Cleveland looking to rebound from a 4 game losing streak mostly due to a sweep courtesy of the Yankees.  At the time the team was 28-25 and only 2.5 games out of first place:

5/31/02: 7-0 L       WP: Colon    LP: Glover

6/01/02: 8-4 L       WP: Baez  LP: Ritchie

6/02/02: 4-3 L       WP: Finley    LP: Wright

A 3 game sweep courtesy of the Tribe and the Sox would not climb above .500 until sometime in September I believe.  I also remember that June 1st game being especially painful when Ritchie gave up 8 unearned runs in one inning.  Anyways, here's to a better trip to the Mistake than last summer.

Go Sox!! :usa

I was at that June 1st game, on our way to our Niagra Falls vacation. Suffice to say the only thing that went over the falls in a barrel was the Sox playoff chances.

I was there for the Ritchie affair. I think he had a perfect game going into the 5th then the defense completely feel apart.  I drowned my sorrows in teh warehouse distrcit quite nicely.  I think he lost hope after this and the Atlanta game.

He also got hit in the head with a baseball by Robert Fick. That may have helped lead to his demise as well.

Suppose it just took us a year to get started? We'll see this weekend.

:bringit Indians

At least this year we're crappy,earlier in the season, to remove any surprises.

Exactly. It was much easier to write off the '03 team on 04/24 than it was to write the '02 squad off on 05/30. At least the '02 squad, until their Cub-like "June Swoon", resembled something of a baseball team..... up until that point minus Ritchie.

Wells, Fogg, and Lowe for Ritchie. I still laugh at that one. :lol: Thanks Kenny..... YOU f***! :fyou