Masters Thread

So Vijay Singh out in front early. My man Adam Scott is around the mark at even par. Any predictions from anyone (e.g just Greasy cos he's the only other one who cares about golf :lol:) on who's going to win?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 12:35 AM)
Duval is kinda stinking it up, per usual. Kinda sad how he just fell off. I remember cheering for him when everyone was cheering for Tiger.

The Oakleys did it for me.

Yeah Duval's slide has gotta be one of sport's greatest mysteries of recent times I would have thought. How can you go from #2 in the world to where he is now?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 07:43 AM)
Yeah Duval's slide has gotta be one of sport's greatest mysteries of recent times I would have thought. How can you go from #2 in the world to where he is now?

Massive back troubles -- not to mention he lost his head a little bit when his fiance called off the wedding. It really is a shame what happened to Duval -- along the lines of Chip Beck.

Phil should be in good shape...aslong as he can keep the ball in the fairway. I dont think you will see campbell stay up there. The masters doesnt start till Sunday. The nerves will get the better of these guys who are new.

I actually watched most of the front nine and a little of the back nine today. For some unknowable reason I'm finding golf interesting lately. It looked like a very tough course (combined with some bad nerves). I don't know much about golf, but I do like Phil Mickelson and was glad to see him win. I was kind of hoping that Fred Couples would pull out, but whatever. I was also glad that Vijay Singh didn't win, for some reason I really don't like him.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
Haha, I'm glad to see you don't like Vijay either. 

Like everyone else in the world, I was pulling for Tiger.  But if he couldn't win it, I wanted to see Couples win it.  Mickelson was on his game today though, and it's nice to see him get a 2nd green jacket.

I know quite a lot of people who were not pulling for Tiger. I personally dont care for him. Phil has and always will be my favorite golfer.