Sox in fourth place soon.

CWSOX45

A couple of weeks ago, a World Crossing Sox fan predicted we would be in fourth place by June 10th. I obviously didn't agree with him and said so. Yet now I see that he was right on the money. This team really does suck.

CWSOX45

Hey guys... look at the bright side... next year... we get a high ass draft pick!

o wait... this isnt the NBA... f***!

I dont give a crap about the high draft picks. I wanna win darn it!

Roman exactly my point. Plenty of teams around the league have never gotten a high draft pick, and look how well they do year after year and continue to have good prospects become solid major leaguers.

Some organizations have things all figured out. Ours sure as hell doesn't.

CWSOX45

Some people say well we stink but well get a high draft pick. Its an indirect way of saying the infamou Scrubby motto, "Wait until mext year"!

And sometimes when you do get a high draft pick, a guy like Mark Prior comes around and is literally the savior of your franchise.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a high draft pick. Maybe that's just me.

And sometimes when you do get a high draft pick, a guy like Mark Prior comes around and is literally the savior of your franchise.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a high draft pick.  Maybe that's just me.

Sometimes you'll get a guy that pans out.

But, more often, you get a guy that helps your franchise NONE, and you end up losing some good money (on the contract and the signing bonus, which is often hefty).

I'd rather just win and get a bad pick. :)

Guest hotsoxchick1
A couple of weeks ago, a World Crossing Sox fan predicted we would be in fourth place by June 10th. I obviously didn't agree with him and said so. Yet now I see that he was right on the money. This team really does suck.

CWSOX45

ok so who said it so we know who to lynch........... :fyou thanks for jinxing the season............

CWSOX45

ok so who said it so we know who to lynch........... :fyou thanks for jinxing the season............

Kenny Williams????

:nono

naa, no fourth place...you know the story: They'll flounder till they're pretty much out of it, then during trash time in the second half, they'll play more like the team everyone expected, finishing better than the Cubs, giving rise to higher hopes for next year. I say, second place.

Although, at this pace, Colon will not be around, so it could be interesting to see if someone steps up if they end up shipping Colon off somewhere.

CWSOX45

Not sure. All I remember was it was a World Crossing Sox fan.

CWSOX45