Popularity of WSox other than in Chicago

NYSox35

Minneapolis:

Twins

Cubs

Braves

Yankees

Red Sox

Dave Revsine of ESPN said it best. "When I told my boss I was a Sox fan, he looked me like I was a yak herder from Uzbekistan." I've gotten that look a lot.

There's a few of us in Minneapolis, but not too many. Most Sox caps I see are for fashion purposes only. I saw someone once with what I thought was an early 80's shirt on, and I said something about it. The guy wearing it encouraged me to look closer and when I did, I discovered the shirt said "Sux". Oops.

I have a good friend who works at the university who is a Sox fan, grew up at 63rd and Damen.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
What do you guys see in your areas?

I don't see much WS stuff here in Dallas except at WS-Rangers games.

But when I was in Puerto Rico, I had about 5 workers at the resort I was staying at that wanted to either talk White Sox with me, or buy my World Series T-shirt. I wish I had a suitcase full of them, I would have made a killing.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 10, 2006 -> 04:36 AM)
I saw someone once with what I thought was an early 80's shirt on, and I said something about it. The guy wearing it encouraged me to look closer and when I did, I discovered the shirt said "Sux". Oops.

"And then I proceeded to beat him senseless with 2 feet of bailing wire."

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 10, 2006 -> 04:36 AM)
Minneapolis:

Twins

Cubs

Braves

Yankees

Red Sox

Dave Revsine of ESPN said it best. "When I told my boss I was a Sox fan, he looked me like I was a yak herder from Uzbekistan." I've gotten that look a lot.

There's a few of us in Minneapolis, but not too many. Most Sox caps I see are for fashion purposes only. I saw someone once with what I thought was an early 80's shirt on, and I said something about it. The guy wearing it encouraged me to look closer and when I did, I discovered the shirt said "Sux". Oops.

I have a good friend who works at the university who is a Sox fan, grew up at 63rd and Damen.

Its going to be quite an experience being there for college for the next 4 years :P

I'll make sure to wear my hat proudly :)

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

I'm in NYC and am curious how the popularity of the White Sox is in other areas. Here, I'd say the White Sox rank #3 or #4 in terms of popularity of people wearing our Hats, Jerseys, etc.

Part of this is just that people like our logo/colors, part of it is that our gear was popularized back in the 90's hip hop culture, and part of it is bandwagoners "front-running", but I brought this up b/c I see so many more people wearing White Sox stuff out here than I did a year ago.

Out in NYC, I'd say it's:

1. Yankees

2. Mets

3. Boston (lots of Boston ppl wind up here)

4. White Sox (though we are a close 4 behind Boston these days).

What do you guys see in your areas?

Hey, just had to say that your avatar is the cruelest ever :)

Edited by TheBigHurt