Ugeth Urbina

JDsDirtySox

I remember reading a story about Urbina and Ozzie. It was about Ozzie's best friend who was murdered, and Ozzie went to the prison to speak with the man who killed his best friend. I don't remember the details, and if someone has the url, please post it.

However, I do remember a moment when Oz and Urbina spoke, but I dont remember if it was good.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 17, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)
I remember reading a story about Urbina and Ozzie. It was about Ozzie's best friend who was murdered, and Ozzie went to the prison to speak with the man who killed his best friend. I don't remember the details, and if someone has the url, please post it.

However, I do remember a moment when Oz and Urbina spoke, but I dont remember if it was good.

Oz was visiting Uggie and saw the man who killed his childhood friend. Uggie offered to have him taken care of and Oz declined - siting karma, iirc. Pretty sure it was in the Playboy article as well as on the HBO special.

They have been friends for a long time so I would guess their visits are good.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ May 17, 2006 -> 09:15 AM)
I think the story was in Sports Illustrated, because I remember reading it.

You are correct. It was in SI and the previous poster was right: Uggie offered to "take care of" the man who killed Ozzie's best friend.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
Sounds like a hell of a guy :headshake

Urbina is accused of the following:

According to police, Urbina and a group of men allegedly attacked several employees at his family's ranch.

The group wielded machetes and poured gasoline on the employees in an attempt to set them on fire. Five workers were injured, and one of them suffered burns on the back and right arm, police said.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
Sounds like a hell of a guy :headshake

From all that I have heard... that's the norm in those parts. Worse than mexico if you eff with the wrong folks. :ph34r: