Sox mocking Cubs in Locker Room?

Gregory Pratt

In the paper today, in RedEye, I stumbled across something about the White Sox laughing at the Cubs' recent woes and making jokes of them, and somebody asked Dusty Baker about it and he said, "I don't think they were but if they were then that's unprofessional blah blah blah" or something.

Did anyone else read about this or have a link?

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/new...t=.jsp&c_id=chc

Because most of the Cubs games are on television during the day, some of the White Sox players reportedly watch the games and root for their intracity rivals to lose. The Cubs consistently have done better attendance-wise, but the White Sox have a World Series trophy to show off from their 2005 run.

Heh.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 19, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)

The Cubs consistently have done better attendance-wise, but the White Sox have a World Series trophy to show off from their 2005 run.

That last sentence sounds like something your average Cubs fan would say. If an attendance championship is all they ave over us, than they can celebrate that freely.

I don't blame our ballclub for laughing at the Cubs, either. They've been playing horribly and deserve to be made fun of.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 19, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
That last sentence sounds like something your average Cubs fan would say. If an attendance championship is all they ave over us, than they can celebrate that freely.

I don't blame our ballclub for laughing at the Cubs, either. They've been playing horribly and deserve to be made fun of.

Yeah, I thought it was an out-of-place line, myself.

:cheers

So the Sox are flubsessed? Looks like some members will need to visit this thread and rip on the boys in that case.

At any rate, that's freaking awesome. I don't openly root against the Cubs as much now, but if they are on and the Sox aren't, I watch and laugh when they inevitably f*** up.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 20, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
So the Sox are flubsessed? Looks like some members will need to visit this thread and rip on the boys in that case.

Well since it's not the only thing they talk about, and run into the ground so many times that you can see the other side, it won't be necessary.