What the fuck?

Cerbaho-WG

Yes Chisoxfn, Molto and Co, smart running skills and baseball IQ are so easy to replace as perfectly exemplified by DJ a few minutes ago to nothing of the reast of the team for the last 2+ years...Jose who?

Honestly, shut up. Dear Lord, Jose has been God f***ing awful this year, and D'Angelo has been the most consistent player on this team. The difference between D'Ang and Jose, is that D'Angelo manages to get on-base and then out, while Jose can't even get to first 3/10 of the time.

Honestly, shut up. Dear Lord, Jose has been God f***ing awful this year, and D'Angelo has been the most consistent player on this team. The difference between D'Ang and Jose, is that D'Angelo manages to get on-base and then out, while Jose can't even get to first 3/10 of the time.

Thanks for missing the point, it had more to do with this naive idea some seem to have around here that baseball IQ and great BR is something any young player can achieve almost instantly...But anyway, shall I expose your homer-ific if not totally simplistic prospect breakdown, tough guy? I don't think so, you're overmatched against whitesox6834793 as it is.

(DJ has indeed been pretty good this year, but his defense and no range have cost the Sox more runs than Jose's (4 so far inclduing that Cleveland one just to remind you), and his baserunning has been very mediocre while Jose has made the most of his bases-time. The difference between the two players is not as big as you think. If Jose raises his average to 250-260 range and gets a few more RBI under his belt, he could easily catch up with DJ as far as baseball worth is concerned...But, again, that's besides the point)

Can't argue with that, Cerbaho.

You are correct.

Jose V has sucked this year and D'Angelo has hit OK.

Jose has been a major disappointment with most of the guys.

I agree that Jimenez has shown some good offense. But on the other hand he has played some real sloppy and almost uninspired defense and has made real bad base running blunders. However, his offense when compared to others on the team makes him look like Babe Ruth.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Really..? What's happening?

obviously nothing judging from the game thread it wasnt much to talk about........lol......... :rolleyes:

While Jose's baseball IQ may be there, his on field performance isn't there and baseball IQ only matters when guys are on base and playing well enough to utilize them.

I think Jose is smart, but I'm not going to overlook the way he plays. Jimenez is one of the bright spots. He's young so there is still time to work with him and I still think he's a solid baserunner.

This team definately is in trouble because they don't have smart players, but their one smart player Jose isn't helping them out cause he can't PLAY.

While Jose's baseball IQ may be there, his on field performance isn't there and baseball IQ only matters when guys are on base and playing well enough to utilize them

If people would only admit that there is more to the game of baseball than batting average and error totals, there would be no need for me to stand up for Jose ad naseum. You point to DJ (who I myself used to praise more than anyone, no?) as having a higher OBP, well I point to the fact what Jose does once he is on base ie. going from 1st to third, scoring on doubles, scoring on infield popups from 3rd, takeing extra base on bounce in the dirt, stolen bases, etc. That's part of the reason why Jimenez and Valentin are tied with 27 runs scored a piece, but I guess like with errors, you are gonna atribute to luck/coincidence and not baseball IQ/superb baserunning, right?

Couple with that Jose's ability to bunt (numerous sacrifizes and a couple of basehits), his more or less acceptable RBI production (24 on pace to 70+, more if he starts hitting) and his clutch defense (with Cleveland run finally included, he still has only 4 runs charged to him way less than Graffanino, Jimenez, Konerko, etc and he is gaining on league lead in things like DP turned, though he is still behind people like ARod who have played in 70 more innnings at SS)....But whatever I've been over this 10 times already.

Still putting Jose (who's been disappointing so far I'll be the first to admit it) in the same boat as Rios, Konerko, Crede and Alomar would be Krazy! He is merely mediocre whereas they are terrible. Big difference.