Grace & Sosa

soxfaninbeverly

Aw the fallen hero is getting made fun of.  You know when your whole image is based on being that lovable squeaky clean guy, you really shouldn't do things like cheat and be an asshole.

I havent disliked an athlete this much since...................Bill Laimbeer. :fyou sammy

And how sad it is a guy who plays for their club for 12 seasons batting .300+ most of the time and striking out 50 times or less each season means nothing to a club when they have a primadonna hitting 60 HR a year, beating his wife, doing steroids, corking his bat and, oh yeah, also striking out around 150 times a year.

Actually alot of the knowledgable Cubs fans I know don't really like Sosa that much. They would rather see him get suspended so the Cubs can stop their losing run.

Actually alot of the knowledgable Cubs fans I know don't really like Sosa that much.  They would rather see him get suspended so the Cubs can stop their losing run.

Same here. Real fans can see that he is what is holding the Cubs back.

I agree, smart cub fans don't like Sosa.  they see his downside, which is the inability to do anything when it really matters.

Emphasis on anything . The only time ShamME comes through is when the 2nd baseman boots a grounder hit with a suspicious bat ;) :lol:

ShamME is one of the biggest chokers in the league.

smart cub fans
Another oxymoron.

Mark Grace's actions with the "corked" bat showed a total lack of respect for Sosa on Grace's part.

And I'd be willing to bet, that was exactly what Grace intended.

Another oxymoron.

Mark Grace's actions with the "corked" bat showed a total lack of respect for Sosa on Grace's part.

And is it my imagination, or is Grace considered one of the classier guys in the league?

Another oxymoron.

:lolhitting

:headbang

Another oxymoron.

And is it my imagination, or is Grace considered one of the classier guys in the league?

I don't know, but I've always thought he was.

Emphasis on anything . The only time ShamME comes through is when the 2nd baseman boots a grounder hit with a suspicious bat

I can't stand the fool and think he is definately over the hill at this point- what without the roids and the corks and all...but when you average 140 RBI in a 4-year run (98-01), you must be doing something right with RISP.

Without Sammy Cubs lose 100-110 games each year.

As far as Grace goes, he's no saint, but I like his outgoing personality and after he disassociated himself with Scrubs, I couldn't help but respect him. Maybe part of it is because he is White, I doubt it, who really knows.

One thing is clear: in 1999 every Cub yahoo out there and their mother were CERTAIN Grace had 5 good years left in him, would get to 3000 hits and would make the Hall. Not so sure now, are ya? :):):)