Great game

Soxplosion

It was Loaizas second worst start of the year and look how he did. 7 IP, three runs and nine Ks. Thats diesel right there.

Frank got bomb number thirteen and pulled his BA up to .288. Hes at 389 now on his career.

Carlos got his 100th homer of his career.

And best of all, Sox pick up a win! And this is the first time this year weve scored ten earned runs! :headbang

I don't know how the hell we scored 10 runs....but I'll take it. I would have never have guessed that we'd have beaten the best staff in the majors 10-3....not in my wildest dreams.

Does anyone think that the championship cut out of the shirt thing has anything to do with this, or that this is just dumb luck? :huh:

I'll tell you what I'm seeing....I'm seeing a guy in Frank Thomas who can carry a team when he gets hot, and I'm seeing good hitting spread all around the clubhouse....because everyone knows that good hitting is just as contagious as bad hitting.

Season over? Far from it.

Season over? Far from it.

1. This is a do-or-die year. All-Star year. Weak division. Team is remarkably healthy for once. Verdict: far from being over. Let's just hope it never comes to a point where KW would attempt to "save" the team by trading talent away at the deadline.

2. Tuesday the line-up better be as follows:

--Jimenez (2b)

--Valentin (SS)

--Thomas (1b)

--Ordonez (CF)

--Lee (LF)

--Daubach (RF)

--Konerko (DH)

--Crede (3B)

--Olivo ©

1.  This is a do-or-die year. All-Star year.  Weak division.  Team is remarkably healthy for once.  Verdict: far from being over.  Let's just hope it never comes to a point where KW would attempt to "save" the team by trading talent away at the deadline.

2.  Tuesday the line-up better be as follows:

--Jimenez  (2b)

--Valentin  (SS)

--Thomas (1b)

--Ordonez (CF)

--Lee      (LF)

--Daubach  (RF)

--Konerko  (DH)

--Crede  (3B)

--Olivo        ©

You think Manuel will finally start Konerko? Or do you think he'll DH Daubach and put Rios in right?

Konerko says he's got his confidence back, but I'm not so sure.

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
Let's all remember what happened after we SWEPT Baltimore!!!

NO ROOM FOR LETDOWNS, SOX!!!

remind me again...... which year was it.........lol..... i foregot heather.......what happened.........

remind me again...... which year was it.........lol..... i foregot heather.......what happened.........

I guess I should take exception to you, since they DO say the memory is the first to go...

After sweeping Baltimore at the Cell this past may, the Sox followed with an embarrassing effort in being swept away by Minnesota. We can't be having letdowns like this! We need to be winning series after series. We still have 13 games left with Minnesota. Those are gonna be HUGE. I'm not gonna say that they are gonna win or lose those games, because they have yet to be played. I'm just saying that this isn't the time for a letdown after a pretty good series at Chavez Ravine.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I guess I should take exception to you, since they DO say the memory is the first to go...

After sweeping Baltimore at the Cell this past may, the Sox followed with an embarrassing effort in being swept away by Minnesota. We can't be having letdowns like this! We need to be winning series after series. We still have 13 games left with Minnesota. Those are gonna be HUGE. I'm not gonna say that they are gonna win or lose those games, because they have yet to be played. I'm just saying that this isn't the time for a letdown after a pretty good series at Chavez Ravine.

aahh ok.. lol.. just wanted to make sure you were talking about this year and not some other one........now that we are all on the same page.....let downs are the only thing this team knows.... tell me when we have had back to back winning seasons in the past 40 years???? lol.....it seems we get that 10 year or so itch and put a good winning team on the field then we go to s*** after that for another 10 or so years......... :o

2.  Tuesday the line-up better be as follows:

--Daubach  (RF)

it better not be -

we've seen Daubach in right and he has no place there ever ever not ever and only never again

Little known fact: Little Mr. Overnight and I put the game on when we were leaving for home and the score was 2-0 LA and he said, they need us, and we started cheering in the car and before you knew it, 2-2 - then 7-2 - the credit all goes to us! :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
we've seen Daubach in right and he has no place there ever ever not ever and only never again
....lol no doubt........and hey if we get in a pinch for a catcher we can toss loz out there behind the plate.. he used to catch........lol.......tinker tinker tinker...... :D :lol:

I don't know if putting Ordonez in CF improves anything. Mags didn't seem to like CF much, nor do I think he's fast enough to run down the ball. I do think Konerko needs to be back in the lineup and then we'll see if he has his hitting ability back.