I have to BOO the person in charge of sound effects at the cell

rangercal

Not cool. The core of the white sox fan base does not do the wave and HATES it. That's what I learned from my childhood and have passed on to generations below me. The band wagoners love it. The white sox Marketing/pr team should have a certain level of respect for those of us who have supported this team on rainy days against the Royals when we were a notch above .500 every year. Don't give in to the bandwagoners comfort! Please! Fans were starting the wave in my section tonight and many sox fans were yelling at them to stop . The sound system had a sound bite 'here comes the wave' or ' I think I see the wave'. It made me want to throw up my beer. It is bad enough some bandwagoners want to start it. I am very disapointed that the Sox sound system ENCOURAGED it. just my 2 cents. what is everyone else's take on this?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
the wave is dumb, but can be fun to do. No problem, one way or another if there isn't much action on the field. If the game's close... that's another matter.

I find it frustrating when the astros are scoring runs the same time fans are worried about getting a wave together.

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
I think the trick is... whenever you hear that sound effet punch the guy sitting next to you... if we can get a bunch of fans to do that... i guaruntee the sound effect guy will stop hittinng that button....

people try to avoiid riots.

:lol:

I think this is probably the best corse of action.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)
It seems snobish to hate the wave to me. What's so bad about it and why are you guys better than it?

Because anyone who does it is not a fan. How's that? If you do the wave in a close game or hell, ever, you should be banned from the god damn ballpark.

FROM EXACTY ONE MONTH AGO TODAY:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 25, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
You guys have no f***ing clue how pissed I was today. It's the top of the 8th f***ing inning, the dream Politte is comming into the game and bam there's a s*** load of noise comming from the upper deck, look up and what do you know the f***ing wave has broken out. A guy gets on, Nelson comes in and bam the wave hits the lower bowl all along I'm threatening to kill anyone and everyone in the middle of section 157 who stands up, luckily once Bobby got into the game the damn things stopped.

Doing the stupid ass wave in the 8th inning in a 1 run game just shows that the crowd isn't entirely into the game, no they're more worried about when they have to jump up and make an ass out of themselves. I was embarrassed beyond belief.

Anyone who did the wave today should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Because anyone who does it is not a fan. How's that? If you do the wave in a close game or hell, ever, you should be banned from the god damn ballpark.

Gotta love that passion -- they're not god damned fans, should be banned from the park, death threats and anger anger everywhere.

Did you really threaten everyone around you? I'm a tad surprised that someone who criticizes Ozzie for his childish outbursts would do such a thing.

You ought to be careful, you know, if you do go about threatening strangers at ballparks.

----------------------

I dislike the wave, but I don't personally hate it. Doesn't bother me, doesn't interest me.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)

Kalapse, your post from a month ago hits it right on the f***ing head how I felt today.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:17 AM)
OK. Thanks you for the insightful response.

Read the quote I also posted, it contains insight into why I hate all things wave.

If it's a close game in the late innings why do you need to stand every 60 seconds? What's the purpose? So that the people behind you can't see the action on the field? So that you are distracting every damn person in the staduim who actually cares about the outcome of the game? If the game isn't entertaining enough for you, find a better way to spend your money.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
Gotta love that passion -- they're not god damned fans, should be banned from the park, death threats and anger anger everywhere.

Did you really threaten everyone around you? I'm a tad surprised that someone who criticizes Ozzie for his childish outbursts would do such a thing.

You ought to be careful, you know, if you do go about threatening strangers at ballparks.

----------------------

I dislike the wave, but I don't personally hate it. Doesn't bother me, doesn't interest me.

Yes, I did and I'm not the only one.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
Read the quote I also posted, it contains insight into why I hate all things wave.

If it's a close game in the late innings why do you need to stand every 60 seconds? What's the purpose? So that the people behind you can't see the action on the field? So that you are distracting every damn person in the staduim who actually cares about the outcome of the game? If the game isn't entertaining enough for you, find a better way to spend your money.

exactly, it's not about hating the wave really. It's about going to a BASEBALL game to watch BASEBALL. If you want a circus, go to f***ing wrigley.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)

The wave is part of the entertainment of the game for some people. I just think people here are overly obsessed with hating on the wave. I'm not for it or against it.

Pratt, you hit the nail on the head with the Ozzie comparison.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:22 AM)
Yes, I did and I'm not the only one.

That's the American experience at a ballpark as dreamed by every child: to one day join a mob in threatening a group of waving people. :)

All the same, you should be careful, Kal, but each makes his own decisions and we all decide what makes us safe.

If threatening the safety of others over something childish does it for you, I won't judge.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
The wave is part of the entertainment of the game for some people. I just think people here are overly obsessed with hating on the wave. I'm not for it or against it.

Pratt, you hit the nail on the head with the Ozzie comparison.

I could give two s***s what Ozzie does to tell you the truth, I have no strong feeling either way when it comes to that whole situation.

Explain to me how standing every 60 seconds during an incredibly crucial point in a game is "part of the entertainment" of the game.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
Different strokes for different strokes.

Isn't it incredibly rude to stand up in front of someone and yell at the top of your lungs while they're trying to watch a game that they paid money to see?

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)

Me neigher, I just hate it when it's used in a close ballgame. That drives me nuts. If the sox were getting crushed (which doesn't happen much anymore) or if we were leading 15+ runs like the first game against the Cards, then I'd say why not. I grew up doing the wave, it's a part of baseball for fans in certain situations. I have nothing against it. But at the same time, I'm not always for it eigher cause of the situation in a game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
Isn't it incredibly rude to stand up in front of someone and yell at the top of your lungs while they're trying to watch a game that they paid money to see?

It doesn't bother me too much.

Don't most people make a lot of noise at the ballpark?

I know where you're coming from, but all the same, you're a notch higher than someone if you're sitting behind them, so if they stand, you can stand, too, or ask them to sit. Always works for me.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)

So how do the fans of other teams feel when we stand up and cheer for a home run? Are you saying it's wrong to cheer for Jim Thome when he hits a walk-off grandslam just because there's a fan of the other team sitting behind you?

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 24, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
So how do the fans of other teams feel when we stand up and cheer for a home run? Are you saying it's wrong to cheer for Jim Thome when he hits a walk-off grandslam just because there's a fan of the other team sitting behind you?

That makes absolutely NO sense. I'm talking about standing at random times during a game, not standing in celebration of something happening on the field. Not even close to the same situation.