This just takes the cake...

doubleM23

no offense to you guys, but your comments on inane.

just because he managed the cubs, he is automatically a bust out?

you guys really have to get off your hatred of the Cubs.

who knows if he's gonna be a good thirdbase coach or not. there isn't much proof to that he was a bad manager, he was managing the cubs after all.

take a wait and see on this one please.

I don't give a f*** that they signed Kimm (I think it may be a little bad for PR to pick up Cub scraps, but I dont care about that), my beef is that they have a gem in Backman in the minors and they're going to let him stay down there until some other team gets smart and hires him.

As long as Kimm stays the hell away from the pitchers, I'm happy.

Originally posted by CubKilla

Does anybody know if Bruce Kimm is secretly a KW lapdog and snitch? I think those twoqualities must be a prerequisite. This really caught me by surprise..... though it was reported earlier in the week. And what about Darryl Boston? :mad:

I THINK HE IS. JUST ANOTHER HALL MONITOR FOR KW TO USE AGAINST THE PLAYERS.

Originally posted by Molto

who knows if he's gonna be a good thirdbase coach or not. there isn't much proof to that he was a bad manager, he was managing the cubs after all.

take a wait and see on this one please. [/quote

Before you say anything like that, know that Kimm is a good freind of JM's. They coached, played, and roomed together in the minors. This is just another move for the buddy system.

:puke

hate to break it to you guys, but that is how everything works.

guys pick who they know. obviously Kimm has been around baseball for a while in a variety of roles, so he has to know baseball.

not like they are picking guys who they hung out with at bars.

Originally posted by doubleM23

I don't give a f*** that they signed Kimm (I think it may be a little bad for PR to pick up Cub scraps, but I dont care about that), my beef is that they have a gem in Backman in the minors and they're going to let him stay down there until some other team gets smart and hires him.

So you are telling me that you would rather have Wally Backman in Chicago killing grass behind third base while occasionally waving his arms rather than have him be the leading voice for one of our minor league teams, where he is able to really make a difference in the development of our younger guys. Unless he is our major league manager (maybe in 2004) I want him to be THE manager of a team in our minor league system.

Guest hotsoxchick1

not like they are picking guys who they hung out with at bars.

lol......have you ever been around a minor system "family".....its pretty much like being in college.. they hang in bars and such just like everyone else does... ill bet that jm and kimm have tossed a few back in the local watering hole in their days.......

Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Originally posted by doubleM23

So you are telling me that you would rather have Wally Backman in Chicago killing grass behind third base while occasionally waving his arms rather than have him be the leading voice for one of our minor league teams, where he is able to really make a difference in the development of our younger guys. Unless he is our major league manager (maybe in 2004) I want him to be THE manager of a team in our minor league system.

The longer they bury him in Birmiggham, the more likely he's going to bolt.

Guest hotsoxchick1

and bolt he will...... i guess that backman isnt one of kennys i spy guys huh? so now im going to ask the fatal question... CAN THINGS GET ANY WORSE FOR THE SOUTHSIDE????????? whew now that i have that out of my system i anxiously await the big bomb to drop down and put the final bit of dirt over the coffin..........:**** kenny williams and his moves,:**** jr ..........

Originally posted by CubKilla

Does anybody know if Bruce Kimm is secretly a KW lapdog and snitch? I think those twoqualities must be a prerequisite. This really caught me by surprise..... though it was reported earlier in the week. And what about Darryl Boston? :mad:

Kimm is kinda stupid so I doubt that. My guess is Williams didn't want the heat that would've came with the Boston hiring.

you know what I mean HSC.

fact is Kimm has been around the game and from what we know doesn't have a bad rap of any sort.

what is Manuel going to base it on? are they going to interview people and have them take a test in which they stand at third and wave and stop guys who are rounding?

no, they know a guy, feel confident in him and that is all.

you aren't going to pick a guy you know nothing about because a coach and a manager have to have good communication too.

NOW, I will agree with you guys in arguements that deal with Kenny Williams picking friends. that is wrong because he has no direct contact on teh field during games, it is the manager who runs things. but in this case, I gotta side against all of ya.

also, I agree with Karko, backman could serve better use with our minor league players as opposed to up here as a coach, but once again.

as far as him bolting. I don't think that changes anything. in fact, him being up here as a third base coach will make him a canidate on more teams list than anything else.

as far as him bolting.  I don't think that changes anything.  in fact, him being up here as a third base coach will make him a canidate on more teams list than anything else.

He won't go anywhere unless the Sox want him to. He still has a contract with the Sox organization, any team would have to ask the team for permission.

you know what, if the Cubs get Baker, it may be the best thing for all Manuel haters.

Baker is clearly a top manager in the game. him being in Chicago may exploit Manuel's weaknesses and inability.

Guest hotsoxchick1

and with that last comment jason i say why not bring him up here now and let him get aquainted with his new role when jm is gone, instead of bringing him up last minute and tossing him to the lions right off the bat and expecting miracles.......hey if he were up here now he would have time to prepare...........ill have to admit i was a bit excited to see the name santana untill i realized it wasnt carlos santana they were talking about......lol lol lol lol lol........

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

In all honesty, Backman may be in the running for our managerial position if the Sox fail to make the playoffs next year.

I don't know Jason. Wouldn't you think that Joe Nossek would be asked to be the manager? I think he'd do a great job, since he knows the team.

oh god no.

Joe Nossek would be an awfull manager.

it is why he's been a bench coach. he's a perfect right hand man, but he can never manage.

he's done it a few times when a sox manager has been suspended or weren't around and he's done a lousy job of it.

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

and with that last comment jason i say why not bring him up here now and let him get aquainted with his new role when jm is gone, instead of bringing him up last minute and tossing him to the lions right off the bat and expecting miracles.......hey if he were up here now he would have time to prepare...........ill have to admit i was a bit excited to see the name santana untill i realized it wasnt carlos santana they were talking about......lol lol lol lol lol........

What does being a 3rd base coach teach you about managing? Nothing..but managing a minor leauge club in AA where you have total control of the reigns, now that accomplishes something.

who knows if he's gonna be a good thirdbase coach or not.  there isn't much proof to that he was a bad manager, he was managing the cubs after all.

take a wait and see on this one please. 

My SN not withstanding, how the hell did you conclude from me asking if Kimm is a KW stooge that I think he is an automatic failure as the Sox 3B coach? :****