Ok, who's going to Soxfest?

Cerbaho-WG

Ripped from WhiteSox.com

SoxFest offers fans the opportunity to meet their favorite current and former Chicago White Sox players. Current players Magglio Ordoñez, Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle, Keith Foulke, Jose Valentín, Aaron Rowand, Joe Borchard, Joe Crede, Willie Harris and Kelly Wunsch, as well as general manager Ken Williams and manager Jerry Manuel, are scheduled to appear. To kick off the year's All-Star Game excitement, former Sox All-Stars, including Harold Baines, Ron Kittle and Billy Pierce, have been invited as well. Current and former players will participate in skills clinics, question-and-answer sessions and autograph signings throughout the weekend. 

Buehrle, Harris, BORCHARD! Wewt!

Definetly going to be donning my very nice Borchard Jersey.

Guest hotsoxchick1

the only reason i would go is to kick kennys ass..........other than that its a waste of my time and money this season...........:**** kenny williams

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

the only reason i would go is to kick kennys ass..........other than that its a waste of my time and money this season...........:**** kenny williams 

Jimmy and I are saving our money for the ASG.Personally,this may be the last year we are weekend season ticket holders.This .500 bulls*** is pissing both of us off.

Originally posted by f***REINSDORF
Originally posted by doubleM23

I don't think its worth to make the trip up from Peoria.

It's not.The Hyatt is already booked up for that weekend,and our ticket agent didn't even tell us tickets were on sale.Don't bother.:**** Soxfest!!

Well, my family lives in Chicago, so finding a place to stay wouldn't be a problem. I'm just saying that I don't think it'd be worth the bus fare and time to make the trip up from Peoria strictly for Soxfest. However, if the Sox add some real talent... Well, maybe I'll reconsider. :)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by f***REINSDORF

I don't think its worth to make the trip up from Peoria.

It's not.The Hyatt is already booked up for that weekend,and our ticket agent didn't even tell us tickets were on sale.Don't bother.:**** Soxfest!!

i dont know who told you the hyatt was already booked for that weekend but they were sadly mistaken... they cant give away rooms right now for soxfest weekend packages.........i just got another notice in the mail this past weekend asking me to please book a room soon for soxfest.............so fred whoever told you it was already done and over with lied through their teeth to you........

Originally posted by HeatherTheRedbird

I definitely won't be there.  My parents are coming down from Bolingbrook to watch the Illinois State Redbirds destroy the Bradley Braves in men's basketball at Redbird Arena on the 1st.

Well then... Maybe that's where I'll be for part of that weekend.

i dont know who told you the hyatt was already booked for that weekend but they were sadly mistaken... they cant give away rooms right now for soxfest weekend packages.........i just got another notice in the mail this past weekend asking me to please book a room soon for soxfest.............so fred whoever told you it was already done and over with lied through their teeth to you........

I think you guys are both wrong. I just booked my 2-night package on Friday night with no problem. This is my X-mas present from my parents. I figure a free weekend in a nice hotel with a couple of friends and no kids is worth the little bit of time and gas money it will take me to get there. :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

how do you figure i was wrong???? i was the one who told him it was not booked.....and from what you just said on how easy it was for you to book your room i take it i was right. right?

how do you figure i was wrong???? i was the one who told him it was not booked.....and from what you just said on how easy it was for you to book your room i take it i was right. right?

When I read the line:

they cant give away rooms right now for soxfest weekend packages.........
I thought you meant that they couldn't sell them yet for some reason. I guess you meant that people aren't buying them even if they were free. Sorry, it was a Monday...

:cool:

Originally posted by Mike South24

Peoria bus line . 20.00 to chicago. I twas that much 6 years ago at least. lol

Depends on where you wanna go now... To go all the way to O'Hare its $22 now (but hey, it is a sweet-ass bus).

bus trip to chicago...20 dollars

tickets to soxfest and hotel accomidations...500 bucks

get the opportunity to kick kenny williams ass...priceless!!!

:metal

I just hope I don't get ejected like a drunken Guido if I go to SoxFest this year. I'd like to give JR a piece of my mind. But, since JR ain't got the guts to show his face to the paying Sox fans, KW will receive the brunt of my anger. After 28 years of cheering for the Sox, 3 playoff appearances and not even a taste of WS hopes, I'm pissed :mad:

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol baggs actually its only 250 a room for the weekend package... but you were close i guess....and its going to be a priceless moment and i may even donate a few hundred bucks to the one who knocks kenny on his ass first......

killa i can hear your pain hon....after rootin for the sox for over 35 years + a few more lol.....i can honestly say that there has been no other gm in that time frame which has pissed me off more than kenny williams is currently doing..... hell at this pace i would rather have hawk back at the helm... and thats a desperate reach at best...................lol........:**** kenny williams

Guest hotsoxchick1

i refuse to support his salary with my money cw.. have a good time and enjoy........sorry i wont be going this year.........im currently searching out airlines tickets for my upcoming season with the barons...........i think my money will be better spent down there......