Attention Sox hitters

BrandoFan

A sub-90mph heater in the zone is to be JUMPED ALL OVER and not to be waited back on...unless you have Bonds-ian quickness, which you don't.

Like Lidle before him, Floppert is looking very mediocre tonight and his strikeouts are just another testament to how cluless our hitters are. Zero discipline, zero adjustements, zero eye, zero clutchness. All but Thomas and Daubach, and those two slowasses ain't exactly gonna hurt anyone with their 2-out walks.

Fastball hitters like Lee and Maggs repaetedly blown away by 86mph fastballs? Who the f*** are we kidding here! Greg Walker should be gone tommorrow and join that other bum Gary Ward. Sick and tired at this pathetic excuse for major league hitters.

88 on the FOX radar = 86.

He topped out at 90. He got Maggs on 3 pathetic, 86-87 fastballs right there in 1st inning. I don't care if Floppert's fingers are a foot long and a deceptive release point, absolutely no excuse for not putting one of the them in the seats. Crucial game too.

Too bad our little morons cannot recognize s*** so they have to wait literally until the last split-second before moving the bat, which doesn;t work unless you have superquick hands and short swing. Or else they have to cheat. Either way, that game in LA was one of the few ones where or hitters actullly jumped on mistakes, maybe they just stole signs well that day :huh:

That damn radar gun on Fox Sports Net is off, I'm guessing he's throwing anywhere from 92-94.

CWSOX45

Trust me the radar is just fine- both Buerhle and a SF reliver threw the usual 88 and 93 respectively.

Sorry but the plain ugly truth that our hitters are in such a deep mentalfunk, even most mediocre of pitchers let them get themselves out.

The rule is: lay/fight off pitcher's pitches and jump all over mistakes. What do Sox do? Just the opposite. That LA win was one of the few exceptions- Sox hitters mercilessly crushed anything in the zone and made pitchers earn the outs...kinda like they did in 2000

That damn radar gun on Fox Sports Net is off, I'm guessing he's throwing anywhere from 92-94.

CWSOX45

Trust me the radar is just fine- both Buerhle and a SF reliver threw the usual 88 and 93 respectively.

Sorry but the plain ugly truth that our hitters are in such a deep mentalfunk, even most mediocre of pitchers let them get themselves out.

The rule is: lay/fight off pitcher's pitches and jump all over mistakes. What do Sox do? Just the opposite. That LA win was one of the few exceptions- Sox hitters mercilessly crushed anything in the zone and made pitchers earn the outs...kinda like they did in 2000

That's not what Hawk said a couple weeks ago watching Bartolo pitch. The gun kept reading 94 and Hawk said the gun at the ballpark was reading 99. There is something wrong with Fox Sports Net's Radar gun, on Fox Saturday baseball people continue to e-mail Joe Buck asking when are they going to fix their radar gun.

CWSOX45

A sub-90mph heater in the zone is to be JUMPED ALL OVER and not to be waited back on...unless you have Bonds-ian quickness, which you don't.

Like Lidle before him, Floppert is looking very mediocre tonight and his strikeouts are just another testament to how cluless our hitters are.  Zero discipline, zero adjustements, zero eye, zero clutchness.  All but Thomas and Daubach, and those two slowasses ain't exactly gonna hurt anyone with their 2-out walks.

Fastball hitters like Lee and Maggs repaetedly blown away by 86mph fastballs?  Who the f*** are we kidding here!  Greg Walker should be gone tommorrow and join that other bum Gary Ward.  Sick and tired at this pathetic excuse for major league hitters.

Farmio and Rooney were talking about Foppert's fastball tonight... saying he hides it so well in his delivery that it has the effect of a 96-er by the time the guys pick it up out of his hand.

Like Lidle before him, Floppert is looking very mediocre tonight and his strikeouts are just another testament to how cluless our hitters are.  Zero discipline, zero adjustements, zero eye, zero clutchness.  All but Thomas and Daubach, and those two slowasses ain't exactly gonna hurt anyone with their 2-out walks.

Fastball hitters like Lee and Maggs repaetedly blown away by 86mph fastballs?  Who the f*** are we kidding here!  Greg Walker should be gone tommorrow and join that other bum Gary Ward.  Sick and tired at this pathetic excuse for major league hitters.

Farmio and Rooney were talking about Foppert's fastball tonight... saying he hides it so well in his delivery that it has the effect of a 96-er by the time the guys pick it up out of his hand.

87mph is still 87mph, something about laws of physics and optics.

This is BIG leagues folkes, of course pitchers will be masterful at deception and tricky release points. No excuses, especially not for young "stars" Maggs and Carlos, both had no idea what they were swing at, constantly falling off balance. Ugly.

CWSOX45

He was tossing in the 90's according to the pitch speed at the park.

96 was the fastest that I remember, although I was not looking at it all night.

CWSOX45

That's not what Hawk said a couple weeks ago watching Bartolo pitch. The gun kept reading 94 and Hawk said the gun at the ballpark was reading 99. There is something wrong with Fox Sports Net's Radar gun, on Fox Saturday baseball people continue to e-mail Joe Buck asking when are they going to fix their radar gun.

CWSOX45

Exactly. FSN is wrong. The one in the park is right.

CWSOX45

CWSOX45

Exactly. FSN is wrong. The one in the park is right.

Would that be theComiskey radar that clocked Baldwin at 96, Garland at 97 and Colon at 102....?

Floppert is looking very mediocre tonight

I disagree with that. The dude looked quite good. He is not a bad pitcher at all, not by any means.

And our offense was anemic, just terrible. It wasn't that the giants pitcher was bad and we failed to hit him; it was that their their pitcher was good and we failed to hit him. There were very, very few well tagged balls even for outs.

As HSC said elsewhere in this thread, what Sox hitters?

The radar gun at USCF is VERY WRONG!!!!!

it made no sense to me at last night - I usually ignore it as being flawed but where I sat last night - on the lower deck! for a change - I was able to follow it all night. It was more accurate when it was doing the pitch count than ikt was at the speeds. Ed and John were giving different speeds than the ball park was showing but I don't know where they were getting their info.