White Sox Milestones

SoxFan1

Brian Daubach: Needs 15 HR's for 100 in his career.

Paul Konerko: Needs 73 RBI's for 500 in his career.

Magglio Ordonez: Needs 17 hits for 1000 in his career.

Frank Thomas: Needs 5 HR's to pass Joe Carter for 37th All-Time.

Needs 7 HR's to pass Dale Murphy for 36th All-Time

Needs 8 HR's for 400 in his career and to pass Al Kaline for 35th All-Time.

Needs 16 HR's to pass Duke Snider for 33rd All-Time.

Needs 23 HR's to pass Darrell Evans for 32nd All-Time.

Needs 37 hits for 2000 in his career.

Needs 3 BB's to pass Eddie Murray for 27th All-Time.

Jose Valentin: Needs 25 BBs ofr 500 in his career.

Bartolo Colon: Needs 8 victories for 100 in his career.

Tom Gordon: Needs 2 saves for 100 in his career.

Billy Koch: Needs 37 saves to go from 50th All-Time to 33rd All-Time passing Stu Miller, Jay Howell, Roger McDowell, Jeff Brantley, Lindey McDaniel, Bryan Harvey, Ron Perranoski, Tug McGraw, Steve Bedrosaian, Kent Tukulve, Jeff Russel, and Mike Marshall.

WOW! How about Frank!

Brian Daubach: Needs 15 HR's for 100 in his career.

Paul Konerko: Needs 73 RBI's for 500 in his career.

Magglio Ordonez: Needs 17 hits for 1000 in his career.

Frank Thomas: Needs 5 HR's to pass Joe Carter for 37th All-Time.

Needs 7 HR's to pass Dale Murphy for 36th All-Time

Needs 8 HR's for 400 in his career and to pass Al Kaline for 35th All-Time.

Needs 16 HR's to pass Duke Snider for 33rd All-Time.

Needs 23 HR's to pass Darrell Evans for 32nd All-Time.

Needs 37 hits for 2000 in his career.

Needs 3 BB's to pass Eddie Murray for 27th All-Time.

Jose Valentin: Needs 25 BBs ofr 500 in his career.

Bartolo Colon: Needs 8 victories for 100 in his career.

Tom Gordon: Needs 2 saves for 100 in his career.

Billy Koch: Needs 37 saves to go from 50th All-Time to 33rd All-Time passing Stu Miller, Jay Howell, Roger McDowell, Jeff Brantley, Lindey McDaniel, Bryan Harvey, Ron Perranoski, Tug McGraw, Steve Bedrosaian, Kent Tukulve, Jeff Russel, and Mike Marshall.

WOW! How about Frank!

For Pk that will be 5 seasons at this rate :lol:

Heres a question. Since this franchise started, 100 years ago or whatever, how many homeruns have we hit as a team? If you answer this question and I ever meet ya, I will buy you a beer. Honest to God. Heck, if you answer this question, Ill buy ya ten...

OK, I'm thirsty so I'll bite...

As of today (6/15/03), the Chicago White Sox have hit 8,393 total HRs since the inagural 1901 season. 12 of these homeruns occurred in post-season games, so the regular season homerun total is 8,381.

Hilights: The all-time low year was 1908, in which only 3 HRs were recorded. The all-time high years were the past 3 seasons (2000, 2001, 2002), in which we managed 216, 214, and a whopping 217 HRs, respectively. No wonder we were all so darn jazzed about our offensive potential coming into this year. Do you think I should forward the stats to the players to remind them?

Seeing the lone HR (Ray Durham) during the entire 2000 ALCS opened up painful wounds, too, so it better be good beer....

Totals were just now manually added up by me from information archived at baseball-reference.com, because it beats trying to get some real work done :-)

As of today (6/15/03), the Chicago White Sox have hit 8,393 total HRs since the inagural 1901 season.  12 of these homeruns occurred in post-season games, so the regular season homerun total is 8,381.

Hilights:  The all-time low year was 1908, in which only 3 HRs were recorded. The all-time high years were the past 3 seasons (2000, 2001, 2002), in which we managed 216, 214, and a whopping 217 HRs, respectively.  No wonder we were all so darn jazzed about our offensive potential coming into this year.  Do you think I should forward the stats to the players to remind them?

Seeing the lone HR (Ray Durham) during the entire 2000 ALCS opened up painful wounds, too, so it better be good beer....

Totals were just now manually added up by me from information archived at baseball-reference.com, because it beats trying to get some real work done :-)

That's some kind of stat compilation right there.

Do you have a book for something, or did you just find the time to add all that stuff up? I don't think it would take more than 10 minutes or so, but I'm just curious.

As of today (6/15/03), the Chicago White Sox have hit 8,393 total HRs since the inagural 1901 season.  12 of these homeruns occurred in post-season games, so the regular season homerun total is 8,381.

Hilights:  The all-time low year was 1908, in which only 3 HRs were recorded. The all-time high years were the past 3 seasons (2000, 2001, 2002), in which we managed 216, 214, and a whopping 217 HRs, respectively.  No wonder we were all so darn jazzed about our offensive potential coming into this year.  Do you think I should forward the stats to the players to remind them?

ALCS I wish....

If I ever meet you, Ill buy you as much beer as you want. Nat Lite, Miller Lite, Buweiser, Corona, Sam Adams, Smirnoff. Whatever kind you want. And I got a good memory so if I meet you you will definitely be getting a beer. Awesome job with the stats man...

If I ever meet you, Ill buy you as much beer as you want. Nat Lite, Miller Lite, Buweiser, Corona, Sam Adams, Smirnoff. Whatever kind you want. And I got a good memory so if I meet you you will definitely be getting a beer. Awesome job with the stats man...

First and foremost, you ain't getting anyone a beer. As a teen, you can't even legally handle alcohol in public yet. You can give him the money to get all the beer he wants, but technically, you aren't buying it for him.

And secondly, Smirnoff isn't beer. I can't remember the name of it, but I know it is not beer.

It tastes all right though.

First and foremost, you ain't getting anyone a beer.  As a teen, you can't even legally handle alcohol in public yet.  You can give him the money to get all the beer he wants, but technically, you aren't buying it for him.

And secondly, Smirnoff isn't beer.  I can't remember the name of it, but I know it is not beer. 

It tastes all right though.

I wont meet him until Im 21 so it doesnt matter. Hey Jim, Im 16 so the beers atleast 5 years away.

And fine, Smirnoff aint beer but if he wants it he can have it... :headbang

Smirnoff is famous for vodka and they also sell a bunch of "malt beverages" (Smirnoff Ice, Smirnoff Triple Black)

I knew about Smirnoff vodka(I've never really ever fancied even trying hard liquor, though I'll probably do it some day just to get f***ing hammered), and I just couldn't recall the term used for drinks such as Smirnoff Ice, Captain Morgan Gold, Zima, etc).

A nice BIG barleywine will taste pretty good after it has been laid down for five years... :-)

No worries, Roman, buy me a Coke (better make it diet). I'm actually a pretty hardcore homebrewer, so I have a couple kegs of house favorites on tap at home...

Whitesoxfan,

I have a handful of Sox reference books but I was camped out at the office last night working so I didn't have them handy. You're right, it was about 15 minutes on the Baseball-Reference.com Sox pages copying season totals into an Excel spreadsheet to add 'em all up. The 2003 tally was added up from current player stats on the MLB site.... GEEZ, how can PK be the same guy tearing it up first half last year and inly have THREE stinking bombs so far in 2003? He3 must have made a deal with the Devil and then welched on it or something...

:puke :puke :puke :puke

A nice BIG barleywine will taste pretty good after it has been laid down for five years... :-)

No worries, Roman, buy me a Coke (better make it diet).  I'm actually a pretty hardcore homebrewer, so I have a couple kegs of house favorites on tap at home...

Whitesoxfan,

I have a handful of Sox reference books but I was camped out at the office last night working so I didn't have them handy.  You're right, it was about 15 minutes on the Baseball-Reference.com Sox pages copying season totals into an Excel spreadsheet to add 'em all up.  The 2003 tally was added up from current player stats on the MLB site....  GEEZ, how can PK be the same guy tearing it up first half last year and inly have THREE stinking bombs so far in 2003?  He3 must have made a deal with the Devil and then welched on it or something... 

:puke :puke :puke :puke

You did well Jim. And if I ever meet you, I will buy you a diet coke... :)