The Good News and the Bad News

cgaudin

Detroit series is done. The Good news is we're coming home to play the Twins. The bad news is....we're coming home to play the Twins. They've had our number this year, and each series looms larger as the days tick off the calendar. The worse news, however, is that Detroit is likely to widen their lead over the Sox as they travel to Cleveland to face the Indians' absolute horse crap pitching, especially loser extraordinaire relief pitcher Carmona. The division is still a very real possibility, given the Sox still have 3 more games with the Tigers at the Cell in mid September. They need to hang around where they are, 5 games back, and hopefully close to a couple of games by the time we see them again. I'm of the opinion that the Sox need to put distance between them and the Twins. I don't know how I can survive that last series of the season if the Sox lead by less than 3 games.

I really believe we're taking 2 outta 3 this series, with that being said...I dont feel confident about tommorow's game at all, I honestly think we'll beat Johan...I don't know why, i just do. And hopefully we can take advantage of Silva's inflated ERA and dominate like we know how. With that said... :gosox1:

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Detroit series is done. The Good news is we're coming home to play the Twins. The bad news is....we're coming home to play the Twins. They've had our number this year, and each series looms larger as the days tick off the calendar. The worse news, however, is that Detroit is likely to widen their lead over the Sox as they travel to Cleveland to face the Indians' absolute horse crap pitching, especially loser extraordinaire relief pitcher Carmona. The division is still a very real possibility, given the Sox still have 3 more games with the Tigers at the Cell in mid September. They need to hang around where they are, 5 games back, and hopefully close to a couple of games by the time we see them again. I'm of the opinion that the Sox need to put distance between them and the Twins. I don't know how I can survive that last series of the season if the Sox lead by less than 3 games.

It's time to step it up against the Twins. Sure they have a very good team. But last I checked, the Sox are no slouches. Minnesota can be beat, even if Farmer makes them out to be the '27 Yanks. They've been hot lately. It's time to figure out how to get the Punto's and Bartlett's of the world out and cool them off.

Bob

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
I really believe we're taking 2 outta 3 this series, with that being said...I dont feel confident about tommorow's game at all, I honestly think we'll beat Johan...I don't know why, i just do. And hopefully we can take advantage of Silva's inflated ERA and dominate like we know how. With that said... :gosox1:

So you don't feel good about tomorrow's game, but you think will beat Santana on Saturday? :huh

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
So you don't feel good about tomorrow's game, but you think will beat Santana on Saturday? :huh

I think its because i'm more nervous about Javy and more confident that Jose will be able to pitch a well enough game...hell if i kno, if it were up to me i'd say we'll sweep. But i'm being realistic.

F the Twins! I'm sick of hearing about the little guys who could and blah, blah, blah. I respect the Twins and agree that they are a good team, but let's not fear them. Let's just beat the living hell out of them.

I want a sweep this weekend. A SWEEP! We did it earlier this year at the Cell. Let's do it again. And let's rough up Santana big time. Rough him the $%@# up, baby! I want some screaming linedrives right past his head.

Let's do this.

As I see it, it is now a 4 horse race for the Central Division and Wild Card positions in the post

seasons. The overall leader remains the Tigers, but their youth and

limited experience certainly appears to be taking its toll,

expecially on the road. I think they will have the worst record of the Central Division contendors from here on out, but 5 1/2 games is a good head strart. Look for the Central Divison to be settled

in the last week of the season. And expect it to be a 3 team dog

fight.

Chisox have the slimmest of leads over the Twins. If we can get any

sort of reasonable return to '05 form from the Starting Pitchers, it would be

easy to say we would be a lock. However with the exception of

Garland of late, only a fool would expect such a return to form.

When the offense comes to play, this team is as good as any. Led

by yet unheralded, '05 WS MVP Dye, it is deep and powerful. I am very

hopeful that the Chisox will be among the two teams standing whether

it be as Division Champz or Best of the Rest Wildcard.

The Twins must be respected. A bit thin and inexperienced pitching

wise, they have come on gang busters with their small ball offense.

If Lariano is healthy, I expect they will be in the hunt 'til the

final week and would not be surprised to see them in the Playoffs.

Boston appears to be a likely team out. Wounded deeply by their

Massacre in BeanTown by the hated Yankees they could well be playing

for next year shortly.

Go Sox.java script:emoticon(':gosox1:', 'smid_15')

:gosox1:

larry

I don't understand why people are counting Boston out of it. If they can go on a roll they're right back in the thick of things. They host both the Sox and the Twins at Fenway where they've played extremely well. Yes they've lost key players and yes they've got some pitching issues. But it did take us 19 innings to beat them just one time this year. And I believe they took 2 of 3 from the Twins earlier this year as well.

Don't count out the Red Sox just yet...

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
I don't understand why people are counting Boston out of it. If they can go on a roll they're right back in the thick of things. They host both the Sox and the Twins at Fenway where they've played extremely well. Yes they've lost key players and yes they've got some pitching issues. But it did take us 19 innings to beat them just one time this year. And I believe they took 2 of 3 from the Twins earlier this year as well.

Don't count out the Red Sox just yet...

^^^^

We really shouldn't count them out.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
There is no reason why we can't sweep the Twins. If Vazquez can step up and at least give 6 quality innings I think the pen can do the rest. Contreras and Buerhle can perform like champs and now is the time to do it.

Remember, JV is a 5-inning guy. It's that 6th inning that has been our undoing this year.