Tigers - Twins  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for?

• Tigers
    • Twins
    • Split

I voted tigers because...

1. The twins are just a half game up on Chicago while the tigers are 4 1/2 up

2. I would see them rather face Detroit in the playoff than the twins due to their record against the tigers.

3. I just want to see the sox in and heck, the twins are closer

Tigers right now. Tigers sweep is my goal. We still have a chance to catch the Tigers, which would of course be nice, and this series will help...but key #1 is making the playoffs, and the best chance for us to make the playoffs with this few games remaining and as many games as there are between us and the Tigers in the standings is for us to pass the Twins by several games.

Well, apparently playing in the Garbage Bag Dome (AFAIK all Twins fans hate the place just as much as I do so I doubt I'm offending anyone) was just what we needed to actually 'score some runs.'

This is nice since I thought we'd forgotten what that meant for awhile.

4 homers tonight (Granderson, Thames, Rodriguez, Infante) for the 7-2 win.

I say Detriot.

I simply believe if Minnesota makes the playoffs with Liriano healthy you could crown them as World Champions before the damn thing is over.

Two things that win in the playoffs, that show a statistical correlation: Good pitching and good defense.

Whats crazy is that the Twins aren't playing very good defense, but they can pitch.

I do not want Minnesota in October. I'd rather see Detriot.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
We have better pitching than Minnesota really, even if Liriano is healthy (big if) they need a 3rd starter.

Obviously noone wants to face Santana in the playoffs though :P

In a 5 game series, you can face Santana, Liriano, and Santana (with of course a random guy thrown in the mix)

Follow that up with 2 seven game series, and you can face Liriano, Santana, Liriano, Santana, and then you can even try to work it so that you can throw one of them on 3 days rest in game 7 if you have to.

2 pitchers can be enough to win a world series. If they get 1 or 2 good games out of say Silva or Radke, which is always possible but not unbelievably likely...combined wiht the strenght of their bullpen...they would be scary in the playoffs if they got Liriano back. If Liriano was 100% healthy, they might be unbeatable.