Alex Cintron

BigHurtHallofFame201?

Since the August 25-27 series( we are 8-11 including it) with the Twins in where he made one pinch hit at bat, Cintron has started three games and pinch hit in an additional two games. In this time period, he has hits in 7 out of his 20 at bats and has four RBIs. Juan Uribe in the same time span is 11-68 (.161) with 4 RBI's with 1BB and 13 K's. This doesn't even take into account the absurd number of popouts he has due to the fact that he is married to the idea of hitting a home run every time at the plate. Uribe is not that significant an upgrade at short and Alex is a switch hitter.

So, the question is: Why hasn't Ozzie benched the man with the anemic BA, the horrendous strikeout to at bat ratio, and much of the time, a rally killer? It is not like Cintron is an inadequate replacement.

In addition to the other ridiculous decisions he has made re: Podsednik/Gload, Mackowiak/Anderson, the bullpen, this is another reason Ozzie has seemingly forgotten how to manage a team. I almost wish he would have enden that speech last year with, "I won't be back." At least maybe we would have Joey Cora or Tim Raines, someone hungry enough, at the reigns.

QUOTE(BigHurtHallofFame201? @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
Wow. You guys are hilarious. I didn't know I had to specify (more than I already did) that by "where" I was referring to the fact that he has rarely played the past 20 games. That's some asinine behavior in response to a valid point.

LOL, we are just all a bit senile right now because of the Sox play.

In reality, he should be playing more...I'm not sure why he's not.