I know it sounds homer-esc....

BearSox

I still have hope for a Chicago White Sox playoff birth. I know, it is very doubtful and all, but as a Sox fan, I have to have faith and believe. I know we probably won't make it, and this team has pissed me off so much this second half, but what can I say... GO SOX!!!

:gosox1:

I still have hope for a Chicago White Sox playoff birth. I know, it is very doubtful and all, but as a Sox fan, I have to have faith and believe. I know we probably won't make it, and this team has pissed me off so much this second half, but what can I say... GO SOX!!!

:gosox1:

you dont' sound like a homer. you sound like someone who knows nothing about sports.

:angry:

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
I need help for being a die-hard Sox fan? wow...

You love your sox yet you b**** at every single player on the team, guess who makes up the sox ... Ozzie, Cora, Thome, Uribe, Podsednik, Pierzynski, Buehrle, Garcia, Anderson.

Sure it's hard to see the team struggle but the way you keep switching from ! to ROAR is very, well ... I need to stop before I get yelled at.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
:angry:

You love your sox yet you b**** at every single player on the team, guess who makes up the sox ... Ozzie, Cora, Thome, Uribe, Podsednik, Pierzynski, Buehrle, Garcia, Anderson.

Sure it's hard to see the team struggle but the way you keep switching from ! to ROAR is very, well ... I need to stop before I get yelled at.

Hey, I was pissed off yesterday, and the day before, and so on at the Sox. But still, after every single one of those losses, I was still kinda hoping, in the back of my head, that we could still do it. Yeah, I know we will most certainly not make the playoffs. I know all of that. But guess what, I am a Sox fan. And not one sox fan can tell me you were not pissed at this team for at least the past month. But then again, no matter how bad the sox were playing, no true fan would ever give up all hope.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
or math

Or English.

e-s-q-u-e. A suffix meaning 'like' or 'reminiscent of,' in effect turning a noun into a simile. There is nothing of being reminiscent of a homer, this remark is straight-up homer.

A better thread title would be "I know I'm a homer, but..."

Edited by Drew

QUOTE(Drew @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Or English.

e-s-q-u-e. A suffix meaning 'like' or 'reminiscent of,' in effect turning a noun into a simile. There is nothing of being reminiscent of a homer, this remark is straight-up homer.

A better thread title would be "I know I'm a homer, but..."

Hey buddy, this isn't english 101. This is sox chatter, and I am posting my thoughts about the Sox.

No reason to be a dick.

I understand your point bearsox on trying to keep a positive look on things. I felt the same way, till I finally accepted the fact that we're not going to make it. We would have to go on a long winning streak and the Twins would have to have a total collapse but the Twins aren't going to fall apart.

Oh boy, ESPN just really pissed off. They just said we were eliminated. Didn't even say how we still have that slim chance. And you know what, Yogi Berra said it the best, it is not over until it is over. Guess what, it ain't over. Anything can happen. For gods sake, this is baseball. Anything can happen in baseball.

:bringit :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
This negative junk needs to get out quick. Don't rain on someone else who still has hope. Dont agree? Dont reply.

Or, if you're offended, put on a helmet.

Seriously, this is so benign compared to the fist-f***ing that people do to each other on other threads.

I think that we can all agree that while we'd love to see the White Sox in the playoffs, some of us are more optimistic than others.

Oh boy, ESPN just really pissed off. They just said we were eliminated. Didn't even say how we still have that slim chance. And you know what, Yogi Berra said it the best, it is not over until it is over. Guess what, it ain't over. Anything can happen. For gods sake, this is baseball. Anything can happen in baseball.

Except that it's over.

wow, these replies are pretty ridiculous.....

pretty sad if you have to take out your frustrations on somebody on a message board you don't even know.

...going back and finding posts to contradict his statements that were probably made in the heat of the moment.

Some of you guys need to go find something better to do in your spare time than bash on somebody you've never met before that actually has something positive to say about this team. This may be the most frustrating season in a decade, but dang, these negative posts can only go so far before they are just ridiculous. Gotta agree with Soxfan, if you can't think of anything to say that isn't just negative, go find something else to do.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 12:39 AM)

:bringit :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

anyone remember MN making up 5 games on us a couple years ago in the final week to knock us out of the playoffs!!!

Now I know as well as anyone else that we aren't going to sweep Cleveland and MN, whilr MN loses 3-4 to KC, but there are always improbables in sports that happen. Dont rain on someone trying to have some hope, I'm with you bruh, will be watching every day until the numbers say we're done!!! BTW, MN did just lose 2-4 to Baltimore....they're not exactly on fire