You HAVE to see this!

The Critic

QUOTE(ZoSo @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
I could do that but I don't wanna. :headbang

Seriously, that is amazing. I don't know how he gets full chord sounds with just his feet. Never underestimate human potential where there is a lot of time on one's hands.

I was sure it had to be a non-standard tuning, but looking at it closely I don't think so. It basically looks like the fretboard-as-keyboard approach that Jeff Healy takes playing his lap-style guitar.

QUOTE(ZoSo @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
I could do that but I don't wanna. :headbang

Seriously, that is amazing. I don't know how he gets full chord sounds with just his feet. Never underestimate human potential where there is a lot of time on one's hands.

Ouch! But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Here's a link to probably the same guy

No Jim, there are two armless guitar players walking around. Let's count them all. Will all the armless guitar players please raise their . . . I mean, let's give a han . . . oops. His vocals suck

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Here's a link to probably the same guy

Pretty impressive.

Yep. looks like Jay alright. Which is kind of funny because you'f think the guy with no arms would be bob, but maybe that's just if he's floating in water. :D

lol the no arms no legs jokes. Hilarious ones. Bob, Art, Matt, Sandy, Russell, they're all great.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 06:56 AM)
Yeah, I figured that, but mine was meant as "non green".

I thought he chose a lot of material that worked with his limited vocal range and style. I was a bit of a fan during the late 70s early 80s.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
Petty was good until he got all "folky". When he was all about Rock, I liked him.

It was inevitable that he would get all folkey with Mike Campbell pretty much being a Roger McGuinn clone. I really think that worked well in the early Heartbreakers stuff (big fan), but it became too easy and formulaic to just rehash the old Byrds sound rather than write material on par with with the first couple of Heartbreakers releases.

I don't hate all the newer stuff. But what I've heard off the most recent album sure sounds recycled and lifeless to me.