Is it me?

BrandoFan

or are Sox becoming increasingly creative in finding ways to lose easily winnable games, re-affirming the team's utter futility?

Today's game featured among other things:

- 3run error by Crede

- 4 blown bunts courtesy Harris, DJ and Kong

- both Rios and Maggs smoke 2b's down the line...only to harmlessly pull up at 1st base to lead of 8th and 9th innings respectively

- DJ gets gets caught in the rundown even though Harris would have scored anyway and Frank was coming up to bat

- Crede smokes not one but TWO liners right at OF'ers with bases loaded and 1/3rd respectively.

- Wright gets 2 stikes on virtually every hitter in 1st yet loses most battles, trying to nibble all scared of Red Sox bats

- Koch throws an 0-2 hanger to a leadoff hitter in the 10th. Say what you will about Bill Simas, Foulke and Bobby Howry, at least they didn't make rookie mistakes like that and pitched over their heads most of the time. Koch is just clueless.

- Substituting 2/2, walk Daubach for 0/673 GIDPmaker3000 in the 9th.

- Lose a game to a team that barely managed one single in 9 innings. Is it a record?

- Jimenez tests his newly found approach at the plate...striking out 3 times in the process.

- Lee hits into 3 DPs, one prettier and more crucial than the other.

- Every single mistake thrown over the plate goes 100 feet foul, wither it be a curve or a fastball. There must be quite a few ex's sitting in luxury boxes.

(Hey, at least senior citizens Wakefield and Burkett weren't around to blow Sox hitters away with 83mph fastballs down the middle :headbang)

The thing that pisses me off most about this team is that the Sox continuously have games like this after a good outing, proving that they can't seem to piece together a nice streak. Usually teams have at least oen hot streak in a season; but, I don't know if the Sox are going to even have one. July looks easy on paper. Let's hope next month soothes the wounds that have hit them the first three.

The thing that pisses me off most about this team is that the Sox continuously have games like this after a good outing, proving that they can't seem to piece together a nice streak.  Usually teams have at least oen hot streak in a season; but, I don't know if the Sox are going to even have one.  July looks easy on paper.  Let's hope next month soothes the wounds that have hit them the first three.

Two things going against us for a hot streak. One, we lack talent. Two, we lack desire. Sorry, not gonna happen.

or are Sox becoming increasingly creative in finding ways to lose easily winnable games, re-affirming the team's utter futility?

Today's game featured among other things:

-  3run error by Crede

-  4 blown bunts courtesy Harris, DJ and Kong

-  both Rios and Maggs smoke 2b's down the line...only to harmlessly pull up at 1st base to lead of 8th and 9th innings respectively

-  DJ gets gets caught in the rundown even though Harris would have scored anyway and Frank was coming up to bat

-  Crede smokes not one but TWO liners right at OF'ers with bases loaded and 1/3rd respectively.

-  Wright gets 2 stikes on virtually every hitter in 1st yet loses most battles, trying to nibble all scared of Red Sox bats

- Koch throws an 0-2 hanger to a leadoff hitter in the 10th.  Say what you will about Bill Simas, Foulke and Bobby Howry, at least they didn't make rookie mistakes like that and pitched over their heads most of the time.  Koch is just clueless.

- Substituting 2/2, walk Daubach for 0/673 GIDPmaker3000 in the 9th.

- Lose a game to a team that barely managed one single in  9 innings. Is it a record?

- Jimenez tests his newly found approach at the plate...striking out 3 times in the process. 

- Lee hits into 3 DPs, one prettier and more crucial than the other.

- Every single mistake thrown over the plate goes 100 feet foul, wither it be a curve or a fastball. There must be quite a few ex's sitting in  luxury boxes.

(Hey, at least senior citizens Wakefield and Burkett weren't around to blow Sox hitters away with 83mph fastballs down the middle  :headbang)

That was the most frustrating game of the season. You are so right. You almost have to try to screw up as many times as they did today, put a fork in em.

Define 'talent'.

The sox have too many holes in their lineup, especially. They also dont have the right mix, so i guess you could add chemistry. The lack talent in their manager too. I could go on and on but look at the old saying.......what do we have up the middle? Crap.

Guest hotsoxchick1

9 guys left stranded....5 in scoring position.... wtf is the problem here???? oh small ball where have you gone????? ive been screaming about this all season... if we cant knock em in and get em over then were never gonna score big...........and geez us setting a record with letting a team beat you with one single in 9 innings is just ......damn pathetic ........i swear this team is gonna drive me to do something stupid........ :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1
I know I'm not adding anything new here. Can't argue against BF here, point by point it's very accurate. It really is unbelievable, this team is its own worst enemy. Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

hell with the psych stuff.. we need an exorcist...... this team is carrying way too many demons to be losing this badly........ ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
I have the liturgy for that right here... I can do them, you know!

well what the heck are you waiting on....bring that holy water to your next visit.......we need all the help we can get.........

oh small ball where have you gone?????

They tried to play small ball today, but couldn't get bunts down. They have Harris steal 2nd only to leave him stranded.

You're right, they seem to find new ways to lose, while hanging on to the old ones as well.

Guest hotsoxchick1
They tried to play small ball today, but couldn't get bunts down.  They have Harris steal 2nd only to leave him stranded. 

You're right, they seem to find new ways to lose, while hanging on to the old ones as well.

its gettin down right stupid ..........this team is makin my kids little league team look like major league players for cryin out loud..........me thinks that some guys need a bit more bp before the games........maybe???? :huh:

It's bad when the puppets on ESPN Baseball Tonight are saying the only team in the AL Central are those smirking smurfs (The twinkies!) The Royals are shot according to Dibble and they were the only ones battling the Twins.

Well, I want to disagree, but please Sox give me something to hold onto because this just plain sucks.

I can't believe Wright got started the way he did. He gives up only one hit and the Red Sox only have the one hit till Botch comes in to blow it in the 10th.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I thought Sox could have easily won the game.

The Sox did win the game! Red Sox, that is.........

The White Sox could have easily won today, but they blew so many chances it was sickening.

The Sox did win the game!  Red Sox, that is.........

The White Sox could have easily won today, but they blew so many chances it was sickening.

I thought the Red Sox were dominating us in ever facet of the game, including their fabulous unis.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I thought Sox could have easily won the game.

could have and did are way at different ends of the scale here.........we didnt win and we should have......pathetic.. simply pathetic...............(walks away with head down shaking it in disbelief)........

- Lose a game to a team that barely managed one single in 9 innings. Is it a record?

A few years ago, the Sox won a game in which they were no-hit.

we beat the Yankees in that game, didn't we ? In the mid 90s - final was 4-0 Sox and we didn't have a hit is what I recall.

we beat the Yankees in that game, didn't we ? In the mid 90s - final was 4-0 Sox and we didn't have a hit is what I recall.

It was earlier than that. I think like 1988, because it was in the old ballpark. I can't remember who pitched for us, but I know that Andy Hawkins of the Yankees pitched the no hitter, but they made either 3 or 4 errors behind him.

It was earlier than that. I think like 1988, because it was in the old ballpark. I can't remember who pitched for us, but I know that Andy Hawkins of the Yankees pitched the no hitter, but they made either 3 or 4 errors behind him.

I think it was Melido Perez who started that game, and if I remember right, the Yankees lost a bunch of fly balls in the sun that bounced off their gloves. As for this year's Sox team, I can only think of I line from the crappy Nicolas Cage vehicle, "8 mm." -- "Kill them, Machine. Kill them all!"

Not literally, you pc bastards.

Fire Jerry Manuel.

I believe it was 4-0 against the Yanks in 1990. Andy Hawkins pitched for them. Jim Leyritz and somebody else for them butchered fly balls helping the Sox win the game.