Help me pc gurus (you're my only hope)

Middle Buffalo

Presumably the Adobe app you downloaded was Acrobat Reader.

Basically, I create PDFs one of two ways: Using a graphics app like Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign, or with a printer extension when the PDF conversion isn't supported in the app.

I'm a Mac guy, but the apps I use are all cross-platform.

download an adobe PDF printer driver...

this would install an new "printer" on your computer, then when you go to print the document, instead of printing it, select "Adobe PDF" which will then produce a PDF of the selected document instead of printing it.

unfortunately, they only have this for Mac, but here is one you can use a free trial for the PC, though i have not used it myself.

PDF Printer Driver: PC

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 08:52 AM)
download an adobe PDF printer driver...

this would install an new "printer" on your computer, then when you go to print the document, instead of printing it, select "Adobe PDF" which will then produce a PDF of the selected document instead of printing it.

unfortunately, they only have this for Mac, but here is one you can use a free trial for the PC, though i have not used it myself.

PDF Printer Driver: PC

I downloaded it and it works fine. In the bottom right corner of each page it says "created using BCL easyPDF printer driver." A little tacky, but I only need it for some documents that I submit quarterly to the bank that lent me money for an apartment complex.

Thanks much everyone,

MB

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
I downloaded it and it works fine. In the bottom right corner of each page it says "created using BCL easyPDF printer driver." A little tacky, but I only need it for some documents that I submit quarterly to the bank that lent me money for an apartment complex.

Thanks much everyone,

MB

If you don't like the watermark, you can use some freeware like CutePDF:

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)

Thanks much everyone,

MB

glad i could help. good luck.