Should the Sox Keep Hawk?

Chisoxfn

I think I brought this up a couple months back when their was an article talking about Hawk and saying how young fans don't like hearing him and that the Sox could use a change in the booth.

Well, I wanted to see what everyone else thought on this subject.

Should Hawk step down or should the Sox keep DJ and Hawk?

I like Hawk a whole lot, but I don't really like DJ. He's a smart guy, but he seems like way too much of a kiss ass. I'm thinkin we already have one puppet in the booth in Hawk, so I'd like to see the Sox try to bring in an analyst who simply knew his stuff and wasn't afraid of what others would think or if he would offend management.

Guest hotsoxchick1

who was it rooney and dj in oakland in the booth??? i think it was.. anyhow who ever it was with dj that series would make a nice addition .. they actually talked ball and dj did rather well with the comentary..... at this rate i would rather see hawk back in the gm spot and kenny gone ...........think we can work that out somehow???????????

I must of missed out when Roonie and Dj did the Oakland game.

By the way, welcome aboard Cubsuck.

All I know is all I want in our announcers are people are very knowledgeable, sound right, and are able and willing to speak their mind about the Sox. I don't need them to sugar coat whats going on, just tell us.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I like Hawk a whole lot, but I don't really like DJ.  He's a smart guy, but he seems like way too much of a kiss ass.  I'm thinkin we already have one puppet in the booth in Hawk, so I'd like to see the Sox try to bring in an analyst who simply knew his stuff and wasn't afraid of what others would think or if he would offend management. 

Hawk has a deal till like 2007. DJ is great when he is away from Hawk doing the games for FOX. The Sox won't bring in anyone who will take shots at the organization. Get with the program.

Originally posted by Mike South24

I liked John Roony for pbp for the weekend vs. Oakland. Hawk would be ok with color commentary. I would like to see a new team up there. they need Mike south and Guido!:D

Somehow I bet the Des Plaines Police will contact the Chicago Police immediately if this were to happen! :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

baggs maybe you and i should be in the booth... i can see it now.... kw hanging out the booth by his ankles..... while we toss back a few brews and talk sox baseball.... hey it could happen huh............lmao

Hawk really knows baseball but he can be really annoying.I usually listen to the tv & radio both together,so as not to miss a thing.It would sure be funny to get hawk and farmer together in the same booth.One redeeming quality that hawk has is that he wants the Sox to win as bad as i do.

I'd love it if Hawk could go out and say what he wants, but he's tied down by JR not to really rip the organization I think. He also probably does it out of respect to an organization that has treated him so well.

I know one thing, I Love hearing Hawk tell his stories about the past cause it increases my knowledge of the game.

Maybe all the Sox need to do is losen the reigns on Hawk and Dj and good things will happen.