Papa Bear on Colbert

Balta1701

• 2 weeks later...

Hi-larious. Although, I must say, I thought O'Reilly came off of Colbert looking a million times better than he does on his show. Maybe he's doing the same thing as Colbert, but just got put on the wrong station and realized he could make craploads of money?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Hi-larious. Although, I must say, I thought O'Reilly came off of Colbert looking a million times better than he does on his show. Maybe he's doing the same thing as Colbert, but just got put on the wrong station and realized he could make craploads of money?

I saw the story on yahoo news. Seems like O'Reilly did ok for himself, huh?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
I saw the story on yahoo news. Seems like O'Reilly did ok for himself, huh?

He was really calm and not condescending. It was like a totally different person from his own show, almost like he was sedated.

But I also think Colbert wasn't baiting him as much as I had expected.

I can't seem to find video yet of Colbert on O'Reilly's show via youtube or google video. Anyone else have any luck? I was clamoring for a longer interview but it was entertaining nonetheless. And I hope that was really the microwave from the No-Spin Zone's green room.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
I can't seem to find video yet of Colbert on O'Reilly's show via youtube or google video. Anyone else have any luck? I was clamoring for a longer interview but it was entertaining nonetheless. And I hope that was really the microwave from the No-Spin Zone's green room.

Comedy Central often has the previous night's clips on their website. Did you try looking there?

whenever o reilly goes to a comedy show like the daily show, realtime with bill maher, or this one, i find them unentertaining because he knows that if he takes himself seriously he knows he'll look stupid. So he just ends up playing along with the host. It makes for boring television. The only part i lol'd at was when colbert called jon steward a sexual predator and said something like, and i know you know how you have to stay away from them, just cause it made me think of his sex harassment proceeding.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 12:14 PM)
whenever o reilly goes to a comedy show like the daily show, realtime with bill maher, or this one, i find them unentertaining because he knows that if he takes himself seriously he knows he'll look stupid. So he just ends up playing along with the host. It makes for boring television. The only part i lol'd at was when colbert called jon steward a sexual predator and said something like, and i know you know how you have to stay away from them, just cause it made me think of his sex harassment proceeding.

I lol'd at you writing "lol'd".