Final Fantasies

Gregory Pratt

So, Final Fantasy VI came out for GBA. I'm not getting it because I don't have a DS or a GBA anymore. Never had a DS and I've given up video games, for the most part. Final Fantasy VI/III, however, was and is an amazing game and I think I might have to, ah, find another way to play it, but that's besides the point -- it's a great game, in a great series of games. I personally think FFVI is the best FF game. Great quotes, great lines, great scenes, great characters. It could be an amazing movie, a play or -- fittingly -- an opera, if someone would do it.

But, what're your favorites? And how d'you feel about this game? (Have you played it before? On whichever platform.)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
Was it the first FF you ever played?

2 or 3 (4/6) are close for my personal favorites. I just remember how amazing 3 seemed when I was younger watching my friends brother play it. After that I got FF2 and was in love with the story and everything about it. It just seemed so cool. As for the newer ones I would rank 7 the highest. I haven't played enough of 12 yet to determine how good it is but I am enjoying it none the less.

• Like 1

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
Final Fantasy 7 might very well be the best game ever made.

I agree with you. The game was unreal in all regards. It got me into the RPG genre, too bad nothing has come close to it since for me.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 08:24 AM)
Was it the first FF you ever played?

Yes.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
I agree with you. The game was unreal in all regards. It got me into the RPG genre, too bad nothing has come close to it since for me.

Same here. I played some of the earlier FF games after FF7, I enjoyed them a hell of a lot, but not as much. I played the later games too and they just bored me. Chrono Trigger was a pretty damn good RPG for the PS1. I'm looking forward to the newest FF for the PS3 because they've redesigned the fighting style. And there are no more random battles. Those got annoying.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 11, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
I thought so. See, often, people like FFVII best because it was their first game. That's always been my impression, anyway -- no disrespect intended. I've just always thought it was an okay game, just okay, but that people liked it best because it was their first.

Could be true. A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game because it was the first I played.

But FF7 was the first game I've played that really drew me in. It was long and took me forever to beat. Years, seriously. When I was young I got to the final battle but wasn't strong enough to beat him. Years later a friend and I tackled it again and DESTROYED Sephiroth.

The story is long and deep, there are several characters, the questions they present in the game and the way you answer can change the storyline, etc. Sephiroth was presented as a true, true badass and I don't think I've played a video game with a cooler boss than that. He was easy as hell when I was strong enough, but the story made him really cool.

Edited by BobDylan