Jose Valentin

BridgeportHeather

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ncorgbl
Was he one of the players who failed the drug test in ST?

I am pretty sure Jose is/was on steroids and is in fact older thank Frank.

No, Jose' did not fail the drug test in spring training.

Clayton only made no errors because he didnt get to all the balls that Jose does. Jose has good to great range so he gets to more balls, hard balls in the hole and stuff, and then he messes up.

Either way, I still think Jose sucks. I just happen to think Royce sucks worse...

His excessive errors (10) are "sickening" says Clujer? Then what do you call Berroa (19)?  Or Furcal (18)?  Maybe Lopez (15)?  Woodward and Enfante (14 and 13)?  Garciappara and Tejada (12)?  Renteria (10)? Aurillia (9)??  Vasquez (8)? Vizquel (7)? Guzman (7)? Jeter has only 6 errors but in 230 innings LESS spent at SS

First off, since those players are not wearing a White Sox uniform, I could care less how many errors they make.

Secondly, if Jose had offensive numbers like Nomar or Renteria, I would be fine with his errors. But when you couple his lack of offense with his errors, it's not acceptable IMO.

First off, since those players are not wearing a White Sox uniform, I could care less how many errors they make.

Secondly, if Jose had offensive numbers like Nomar or Renteria, I would be fine with his errors.  But when you couple his lack of offense with his errors, it's not acceptable IMO.

And look what happens. Jose hit a three run jack off Cy Mays. I still dont like him, but Ill credit him where credit is due... :headbang

Secondly, if Jose had offensive numbers like Nomar or Renteria, I would be fine with his errors.  But when you couple his lack of offense with his errors, it's not acceptable IMO.

And look what happens. Jose hit a three run jack off Cy Mays. I still dont like him, but Ill credit him where credit is due... :headbang

LMAO, the Twinky Dome is a dump.

Anyway, yes, he hit a 3-run bomb, and it was awesome. I'd like to see more of the same from him!

1. When people--many of them--called him "the worst defensive SS in the majors" this season, it only makes sense for me to run a quick comparison. Clujer, meet logic. Logic- clujer.

2. His bat will come around, since he became a Sock and has had 400ab a season, he's had a median OPS of 820, with a very good RBI/atbat ratio for a 2nd spot hitter. Since his game never centered around pure quickness, I feel he can mantain (and get wiser on defense) his form until late 30's....If he takes another pay cut (say 6 mill/3 years) and comes back to form, he will be a better player than Garciappara and Renteria and their future 8-figure pay checks.

Joses decent maybe, but better than Nomar or Renteria? Thats just nuts...

I'd rather have Jose at 2 mill than Garciappara at 15 or whatever he will make. You can sign Guerrero for the remaining 13. :)

Stupid, read next time.

And Renteria ain't that good, my friend, but his pay will still be high.

I dont care. Id rather have a great SS for high costs, rather than a mediocre SS for low costs...

I am sorry but 820 OPS (2000-2002) from a SS and a very good (for a 2nd hitter) RBI/ab ratio is ANYTHING but "mediocre".

And yes, I'd rather have Valentin + Vlad than Graciappara for the next 3-4 years.

Youre not gonna get Vlad. And why would you want him? You have in RF the second best RF in the game, behind Vlad of course. And the difference is so small its irrelevant. I mean, maybe you could DH Maggs and have Vlad in right. But then what happens if PK gets his game together? He will, so you dont need Vlad. Spend the extra money on something we really need. Like a CF...

Youre not gonna get Vlad

It doesn't matter WHO you get...what does matter is that if Valentin is willing to sign a Lofton-esque contract, that leaves you with a huge chunk you can spend on Giles/Guerrero/Beltran/etc,

So again, I've rather have Valentin at 2 mill, than Jeter at 16 or Tejada at 12.

nomar makes 10.5 mill, valentin makes 5 mill. nomar is a far better deal, i'd take him in a heartbeat. he's much better offensively and defensively than valentin. i dont care if valentin signs for the league minimum, i'd still pay nomar the 10.5 mill.

nomar makes 10.5 mill, valentin makes 5 mill. nomar is a far better deal, i'd take him in a heartbeat. he's much better offensively and defensively than valentin. i dont care if valentin signs for the league minimum, i'd still pay nomar the 10.5 mill.

Nomar hasn't hit his pay day yet, while this is as much as Valentin will ever make.

Nomar hasn't hit his pay day yet, while this is as much as Valentin will ever make.

he signed a 7 yr 44 million dollar deal in 1998. i doubt when this contract expires he'll make more than he does now.

we'll see i guess. i dont think tejada gets close to 10 mill, not only because of his s***ty play this year but because teams seem to be price-fixing as far as free agents in order to not go over the luxury tax.