Copying DVDs problem

DrunkBomber

I finally decided it was time to get some use out of my DVD burner and was trying out some different programs that could work around the copy protection. I started out with some cheap program they had at Best Buy and it only worked on certain older DVDs. Then I downloaded a program called Easy DVD Shrink and that was working pretty good except it had some problems with brand new dvds.

Does anyone know any programs that dont have any problem burning any kind of DVDs? Im sure there has to be some kind of program that doesnt have any issues?

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
Im using DVD shrink now. Does DVD decryptor work better?

Yes, just make you find the latest version.

Another one I've heard is good is called AnyDVD

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)
Ive used AnyDVD and really didnt like it. The DVD cloner looks interesting. Has anyone used it though. If Im gonna pay for these Id like to hear some kind of success story about them.

I use DVD CLoner IV i think it is. I have only had one problem with a DVD. Ive found the most successful way to burn dvd's is to burn the movie only, otherwise you can get trapped in the menu

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
I can get you a free DVD CLoner IV. I haven't used it, but going by what Rock says it could be worth it for you. Let me know if ya want it.

Ya, that would be great. I was gonna buy that one. How can you get it for free?

From what I have heard (ahem) you actually need multiple ripping programs. Just one won't cut it, as certain ones can break certain discs better than others. Sony is the main beast to beat...from what I have been told.

Cloner was served a Cease and Desist by the FBI, so he pulled his program down. Now, since that happened the people I know of who use it were not able to use it for a good amount of time. They have not tried any new discs for a bit though. But last I heard, Decrytor was done.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 08:07 AM)
From what I have heard (ahem) you actually need multiple ripping programs. Just one won't cut it, as certain ones can break certain discs better than others. Sony is the main beast to beat...from what I have been told.

Cloner was served a Cease and Desist by the FBI, so he pulled his program down. Now, since that happened the people I know of who use it were not able to use it for a good amount of time. They have not tried any new discs for a bit though. But last I heard, Decrytor was done.

I know of people that just stopped ripping and started downloading.

DVD shrink is the first one I had success with but literally as of say a week ago it just wouldnt work on brand new DVDs like Rocky Balboa and The Pursuit of Happyness. I figured there had to be a way to get around that, and thats why I asked here.

Then I downloaded Decrypter and run the DVDs through that before and it has been working so far. The only DVDs Ive burned that was was Brat and The Illusionist, which I couldnt do in Shrink alone. I also like that in Decrypytor you can change the region codes.

I downloaded that rip it 4 me that RME suggested and by looking at it, I like the way it appears as far as being able to drop the menus and stuff. The problem Im having with it is that it keeps flashing that it cant find my dvd drive or its locked.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:55 AM)
DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter

Do a google search for either.

Yeah, I use those two every time. However, you can't download them anymore. I have the files on my home computer and can zip them for anyone interested.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
Yeah, I use those two every time. However, you can't download them anymore. I have the files on my home computer and can zip them for anyone interested.

I paid for Shrink and downloaded Decryptor yesterday. I think I got it at download.com. Its been working so far. Ive only copied two movies.

I have a problem, here.

Earlier I downloaded DVD Shrink, Decryptor, and Ripit4Me.

All three work together well. I printed a helpful guide for copying DVDs, and thus far, everyone is fine. I successfully downloaded the movie onto my harddrive.

Question now is, how do I trasnfer the contents of the movie onto a DVD-R disc? Foolish of me to think it was easy as copying and pasting.

Is there a program anyone knows offhand which can help me put everything onto a DVD disc?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
I paid for Shrink and downloaded Decryptor yesterday. I think I got it at download.com. Its been working so far. Ive only copied two movies.

You paid for Shrink? DVD Shrink 3.2 is free. Unless you got a different program.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 01:33 AM)
I have a problem, here.

Earlier I downloaded DVD Shrink, Decryptor, and Ripit4Me.

All three work together well. I printed a helpful guide for copying DVDs, and thus far, everyone is fine. I successfully downloaded the movie onto my harddrive.

Question now is, how do I trasnfer the contents of the movie onto a DVD-R disc? Foolish of me to think it was easy as copying and pasting.

Is there a program anyone knows offhand which can help me put everything onto a DVD disc?

What you do is with shrink you make the backup as an ISO and then burn to a disc with decryptor.

Ive used ripit4me for awhile now and I like it. However, it seems the powers that be made the creators take down their website. I'm going to guess no new updates for it. You won't be able to use it on any of the newest dvds because of the new encryption.

QUOTE(RegionSox @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 08:41 AM)
Ive used ripit4me for awhile now and I like it. However, it seems the powers that be made the creators take down their website. I'm going to guess no new updates for it. You won't be able to use it on any of the newest dvds because of the new encryption.

I successfully copied Borat and Bobby without any problems.

Hell, even if DVDs in the future have new encryption unresponsive to ripit4me, I'll still have every movie from that point backwards available.