What a fucking marooon!

BrandoFan

Aaaron Gleeman from Baseball Primer is:

"Now, depending on your view of who should make the all-star team, Loaiza is either a shoe-in or someone completely undeserving. If you go entirely by a player’s performance in the first three months of this season to determine this year’s all-stars, Loaiza has been the best pitcher in the AL and should start the game. If you go partly by this season, but mostly by a player’s history, Loaiza is about as good a candidate as a hundred other pitchers in the AL this year.

I tend to go for the latter, taking into account what a player is doing this season, but remembering that a good three months does not a great player make. And, in Loaiza’s case, a good two or three months does not make a whole career of mediocrity vanish."

Anyone else agree with that clown and his bulging sense of fairness?

(This only reinforces my firm belief that those who can't think or write end up working for Baseball Prospectus/ESPN/BP but that's for another day.)

How the heck did this guy get a job. Last I checked the all star game is for players that are doing great this year.

Hell, why don't we put Ozzie Guillen and Harold Baines in it because they had great careers, or better yet put Jose Canseco out there.

Gimme a break, this isn't an all decade team.

How the heck did this guy get a job.  Last I checked the all star game is for players that are doing great this year.

Hell, why don't we put Ozzie Guillen and Harold Baines in it because they had great careers, or better yet put Jose Canseco out there.

Exactly! What the f*** is this guy talkin about? He doesn't deserve to start cause he was an average player the previous seasons of his career? My head is spinning right now....

The player who's having the best year THIS YEAR should start the game...It's not like he's just getting breaks here and there...has a era of 3.00 or something...His ERA is under 2! In what, 15 or 16 starts?! That's being dominant...f*** Him :fyou

How the heck did this guy get a job.  Last I checked the all star game is for players that are doing great this year.

Exactly! What the f*** is this guy talkin about? He doesn't deserve to start cause he was an average player the previous seasons of his career? My head is spinning right now....

The player who's having the best year THIS YEAR should start the game...It's not like he's just getting breaks here and there...has a era of 3.00 or something...His ERA is under 2! In what, 15 or 16 starts?! That's being dominant...f*** Him :fyou

I couldn't have said that any better. Loiaza has been, without a doubt, the best starting pitcher in the AL up to this point. Period.