I dont EVER wanna see Mora on the Southside

T R U

People, if you think Melvin Mora is the answer for the Sox, think again, I would not want this guy on my team...

why?..

Simple...

Melvin Mora is a CAREER .265 hitter, he is having a lucky year.. Dont let his batting average fool you.. He steals like 10 bases a year, OBP of .350 K's FARRR more times than he walks..

I dont think lookin at what he is doing this year is worth trading for him thinking he is going to do this all the time, not to mention the fact that heis 31 and about to be 32...

The good thing is, The White Sox organization knows this and wouldnt trade for him, so I guess I have nothing to worry about!

Anyway, I just wanted to say this since everyone is so high on Mora, he isnt that great.. sorry

I agree ... that would be like signing a pitcher with a sub .500 career record and a career ERA in the high 4's ... and the guy be 11-2 with a 1.99 ERA for you. It just doesn't happen. ummmmmm ... wait a minute....

Sorry for being so late with my reply.. this is the first time I have seen this post since I wrote the first one..

You cant compare Loaiza to Mora because Loaiza has always been a decent pitcher.. Its not like he was 7-17 and had bad losing records consistantly..

The worst record Loaiza has ever had in his career was 9-11 with a 5.16 ERA and that was back when he pitched for Pittsburgh then later traded to the American League at Texas in 1998. That was his worst, Mora batted .233 last year, and never batted .300 in his CAREER! The closest he has ever even gotten to .300 is when he was on the Mest in 200 when he batted .275.. Like I said, Career .264 hitter, we dont need him.. He is having a lucky year, somewhat like Konerko had last years first half..

Loaiza is 80-75 with a 4.6 career ERA... so I dont know what you are trying to say here.. Loaiza has never been a bad pitcher, in fact he actually did good compared to the teams he was on. Now he is on a good team and he actually (sometimes) gets the support he needs to do good..

Oh and by the way... I said we shouldnt trade for Mora, we signed Loaiza as a free gent.. I guess I wouldnt care if we signed Mora as a FA but I definatly would not trade ANYTHING to get him, like I said, he is having a lucky year wether you want to admit that or not..

So I dont know what you were trying to proove by saying that, it isnt even the same case here..

Sorry for being so late with my reply.. this is the first time I have seen this post since I wrote the first one..

You cant compare Loaiza to Mora because Loaiza has always been a decent pitcher.. Its not like he was 7-17 and had bad losing records consistantly..

The worst record Loaiza has ever had in his career was 9-11 with a 5.16 ERA and that was back when he pitched for Pittsburgh then later traded to the American League at Texas in 1998. That was his worst, Mora batted .233 last year, and never batted .300 in his CAREER! The closest he has ever even gotten to .300 is when he was on the Mest in 200 when he batted .275.. Like I said, Career .264 hitter, we dont need him.. He is having a lucky year, somewhat like Konerko had last years first half..

Loaiza is 80-75 with a 4.6 career ERA... so I dont know what you are trying to say here.. Loaiza has never been a bad pitcher, in fact he actually did good compared to the teams he was on. Now he is on a good team and he actually (sometimes) gets the support he needs to do good..

Oh and by the way... I said we shouldnt trade for Mora, we signed Loaiza as a free gent.. I guess I wouldnt care if we signed Mora as a FA but I definatly would not trade ANYTHING to get him, like I said, he is having a lucky year wether you want to admit that or not..

So I dont know what you were trying to proove by saying that, it isnt even the same case here..

Congrats dude, you just proved everyone else right. The median ERA in MLB this year is 4.30, The median batting average is .266. In other words Loiaza has been worse than average when compared to his peers. A career .264 hitter would only be .002 worse than his peers. And going by the career worsts you posted Loiaza was .80 era higher than the league, versus Moras .033 worse than the rest of the league.

Try again.

Cool man, you figured out the averages for this year when they have only played about 80 games.. Yeah that seems about right..

Shut up, thats all I can tell you..

Look at the numbers, Loaiza has always been a decent pitcher where as Mora has never been anything..

Mora is having a good first half, that isnt going to keep up.. And by the way since you wanna play the numbers game..

Not counting this Season..

Mora is a career .229 Hitter...

Loaiza has a career ERA of 4.90..

So thanks for prooving your a dumbass!

Im done arguing about this Mora issue, he wont be in a Sox uniform so there really is no need to argue it.. Number dont lie though, and comparing Loaiza to Mora is just stupid..

have you even watched mora...

sure you can go by stats and look at his past but sometimes it takes a player a while to finally start to perform well at the majors and now Mora is doing that I would love to see him here in a Chi Sox uni especially since he seems to be getting better and he is producing on such a mediocre at best Orioles team plus he also brings the versatility of playing 5 positions so far this year so as for your comments they are your opinion but I know myself and others probably would like to see Mora on our side

Cool man, you figured out the averages for this year when they have only played about 80 games.. Yeah that seems about right..

Shut up, thats all I can tell you..

Look at the numbers, Loaiza has always been a decent pitcher where as Mora has never been anything..

Mora is having a good first half, that isnt going to keep up.. And by the way since you wanna play the numbers game..

Not counting this Season..

Mora is a career .229 Hitter...

Loaiza has a career ERA of 4.90..

So thanks for prooving your a dumbass!

Im done arguing about this Mora issue, he wont be in a Sox uniform so there really is no need to argue it.. Number dont lie though, and comparing Loaiza to Mora is just stupid..

So what you are telling me is that a REALLY good year will improve someone's mediocre career stats? Wow, thanks Mr Obvious, you're a life saver.

Ha Ha.. ok..

U really are a dumbass

You dont even know what your talking about and just because Mora is having a lucky year doesnt hide the fact that he isnt that good of a player and the Sox would be stupid to give up prospects or any solid player we have to get him..

U can wish we had Mora all you want, bottom line is the truth will show..

Southsider if you wanna start a fight here or something I guess thats what I will prepare to do.. but you can plead your case all you want your still an assclown.. :finger

and by the way.. if you think a .233 career batting average is mediocre I wanna know whats good to your standards... .250? ass

Dude first of all figure out your arguement. One post the guy has a career .265 ba in your first post, .264 in your second post, your third post you leave out 2003 and get .229 ba, then you say he is a .233 career average. Do you even have any idea what you are talking about. You keep changing the numbers and changing the arguement. Stay with one linear thought.

And I did get a laugh out of the whole "fight" line. If someone poking holes in your posts on an internet message board makes you that upset, you have some serious maturity issues. But have at what ever you need to do buddy.

Mora is a career .229 hitter... when I put .233 that was a mistake, he batted .233 LAST YEAR, I put the wrong number..

All im trying to say is Mora isnt as good as you all think

but you had to be some smart ass and try to make me look stupid or something so if you think I am immature cool.. I dont care what you think your just some loser his posts on a message board.. you think your cool by proving me wrong or saying that I dont have my stats straight.. whatever makes you happy man..

Guys, Loaizas turnaround is 1 in a million, if it lasts. If i were to bet on it believe me, id bet that it WOULDNT last. The person who started this is absolutely correct. Mora is a crappy player and will fall to his original level very soon.

BMR... THANK GOD that someone has some sense around here... Mora is a waste, seriously..

And I think Loaiza has always had the potential to do what he is now he just wasnt on the right team.. Look at his career numbers from year to year, he has always been pretty solid to say the least...

BMR, I am glad that you are one of the few who see through Mora, everyone else needs to open thier eyes

BMR... THANK GOD that someone has some sense around here... Mora is a waste, seriously..

And I think Loaiza has always had the potential to do what he is now he just wasnt on the right team.. Look at his career numbers from year to year, he has always been pretty solid to say the least...

BMR, I am glad that you are one of the few who see through Mora, everyone else needs to open thier eyes

I said the same thing you had, a few weeks ago. The guy is a utility infielder, who is on a hot streak.

I know, and I would seriously be dissapointed to see the sox give up some good stuff to get him, but I doubt they will so I think were ok

Mora isnt..

AND AS I SPEAK AARON ROWAND TIES THE GAME!!! WHOOOOO!

i will let you guys continue to diss Mora but I really like him and I know he will continue to be a good player for the Orioles and we dont really need to trade for him anyways so lets leave it at that

k :huh: