The South Side of Chicago Board of Tourism

Jason82807

I think it strikes some of us as a bad ad campaign because it still rings true for many people. As I was walking to the park this week, someone asked me, "Hey, I can't find Jimbo's, where is it???" all excited as if he wanted to really see the place. I felt like casual fans shouldn't have to ask where the nearest bar is if they want to grab a drink before the game, but maybe the layout with the parking lots just doesn't work with that concept. And it's not like it took that much time for me to tell the guy.

QUOTE(barnes @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:04 AM)
I think it strikes some of us as a bad ad campaign because it still rings true for many people. As I was walking to the park this week, someone asked me, "Hey, I can't find Jimbo's, where is it???" all excited as if he wanted to really see the place. I felt like casual fans shouldn't have to ask where the nearest bar is if they want to grab a drink before the game, but maybe the layout with the parking lots just doesn't work with that concept. And it's not like it took that much time for me to tell the guy.

haha...I have no idea what this post means? You don't like that the guy had to ask you for directions?

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
haha...I have no idea what this post means? You don't like that the guy had to ask you for directions?

Judging by your pictures, aren't you a tad young to be posting here? :bang

QUOTE(barnes @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:04 AM)

The guy couldn't be from out of town?

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)

No, sorry-- I didn't mean that it bothered me that I gave him directions. Just that if tourists, casual fans, etc don't ask where bars or restaurants are, they may (incorrectly) assume that the stereotypes about the South Side are true. It's not as if any bars really stand out in plain site while standing in front of the park. Not like it really matters to me, but just tossing that out there...

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:19 AM)
I like the SSCBT spots a lot as well. The gawky looking guy, the cheesy cramped, outdated office. Good stuff that.

My mom and I both got a kick out of those commercials.