AARON FUCKING ROWAND!

witesoxfan

Dude, Roman, I don't know what's up your ass, but I do hope you realize that Rowand's homer was f***ing huge.  Can you not be happy about it instead of b****ing about how he f***ing sucks and what not?  We DO realize he isn't going to be anything huge(we're not f***ing stupid).  But JFC, get your panties out of a wad.

I smell sweep.  We have all the momentum, we have our stopper, our ace, Esteban Loaiza going to the mound tomorrow.  You can call us butter, because we are on a roll.

And whitesox247....I didn't look, but your signature better f***ing have Aaron f***ing Rowand in it now

good post -

AR is a player and he is starting to roll - he may never hit 350 but that hit was huge and he's not in the HOF yet but give the guy credit - he plays all out and holds nothing back and I still think he can be a very valuable team member and more than adeqete center fielder

he certainly was huge today - 2 down, 2 out - without him the 9th inning meant nothing -

the thrill when he hit that ball and we realized it was going out - wow! It turned the tide - we were looking listless for a few innings there on offense and sudden;y what looked like a 6-4 defeat looked like a victory -

after his homer the game suddenly not only looked winnable but inevitable, he turned it around with one swing -

and thus in the 9th, the feeling for everyone - the scrub fans who went and stood in the entryways for a quick exit and the Sox fans standing and roaring all through the bottom of the 9th - it was so great to be there - it was not IF but WHEN we scored the winning run -

if AR doesn't come through, it would all be very different -

the Sox p[layers all were at the dugout rail when AR came round 3rd and I haven't seen that since 2000 - the post home run roar was deafening - and his team mates got all juiced by what he did - I haven't seen the team members be all at the dugout rail like that since maybe September 2000 and it was AR's homer that did it -

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron proved he should be the starting CF. If only this guy can come up with more hits like todays, he could be a HUGE part of our success. Jose deserved that game-winner yesterday for all his leadership. And "Crash" certainly deserved the game-tier today for his big heart and willingness to play.

Dude, Roman, I don't know what's up your ass, but I do hope you realize that Rowand's homer was f***ing huge.  Can you not be happy about it instead of b****ing about how he f***ing sucks and what not?  We DO realize he isn't going to be anything huge(we're not f***ing stupid).  But JFC, get your panties out of a wad.

I smell sweep.  We have all the momentum, we have our stopper, our ace, Esteban Loaiza going to the mound tomorrow.  You can call us butter, because we are on a roll.

And whitesox247....I didn't look, but your signature better f***ing have Aaron f***ing Rowand in it now

good post -

AR is a player and he is starting to roll - he may never hit 350 but that hit was huge and he's not in the HOF yet but give the guy credit - he plays all out and holds nothing back and I still think he can be a very valuable team member and more than adeqete center fielder

he certainly was huge today - 2 down, 2 out - without him the 9th inning meant nothing -

the thrill when he hit that ball and we realized it was going out - wow! It turned the tide - we were looking listless for a few innings there on offense and sudden;y what looked like a 6-4 defeat looked like a victory -

after his homer the game suddenly not only looked winnable but inevitable, he turned it around with one swing -

and thus in the 9th, the feeling for everyone - the scrub fans who went and stood in the entryways for a quick exit and the Sox fans standing and roaring all through the bottom of the 9th - it was so great to be there - it was not IF but WHEN we scored the winning run -

if AR doesn't come through, it would all be very different -

the Sox p[layers all were at the dugout rail when AR came round 3rd and I haven't seen that since 2000 - the post home run roar was deafening - and his team mates got all juiced by what he did - I haven't seen the team members be all at the dugout rail like that since maybe September 2000 and it was AR's homer that did it -

Scary huh? We are actually in this f***ing thing.

We could be in first place by the end of this weak. I don't know what this means to anybody else, but I see it as a confidence booster, and then if we can get rid of DJ, it will be that much better. Add another LH bat, and we will be looking good. This is the team we have been waiting for. Well guess what....it finally decided to f***ing show up.

Jesus Christ, Rowand goes 1-5 with a clutch hit, and everyone thinks he's the damn savior in CF. The guy has never drawn walks, and hasn't shown an ability to hit at the major league level. He hasn't shown much power the past few years, doesn't run well, and doesn't hit for average.

He'll be lucky to be a 4th outfielder.

The sox need a CF and 2B for sure, but hey both those positions came up big today.  Enjoy the moment and dont worry about tomorrow.

A CFer....possibly. Rowand might play out in the end, but if a trade for a guy like Erstad came up where we could get Anaheim to take on half of the money in his deal for the rest of his contract, I'd definately do it. However, I really feel that Willie Harris could pan out and become a hell of a 2Bman for us while being a hell of a leadoff hitter at the same time. Kinda like killing two birds with one stone. Unless we added Roberto Alomar or Luis Castillo, there is no reason Willie should move from 2B.

Jesus Christ, Rowand goes 1-5 with a clutch hit, and everyone thinks he's the damn savior in CF. The guy has never drawn walks, and hasn't shown an ability to hit at the major league level. He hasn't shown much power the past few years, doesn't run well, and doesn't hit for average.

I disagree a great deal with your analysis of Rowand.

Let me offer something that I have learned. Many people form opinions of people, things, and situations, and hold onto that opinion forever. I have done this for my entire life. People need to let go of their egos and realize that people, situations and things can change, and change for the good! I think Mora sucks and always will, but hey, itS POSSIBLE that he can turn into a darn good player. The same can be said for Rowand and DJ. I wouldnt bet on it but hey, at least im willing to admit maybe i dont know it all. The answer is WHO KNOWS, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. ;)

Whats sad about this whole thing is that we're still 2 games under .500 even after this amazing stretch.

Shows how much we sucked right from the beginning, doesnt it?

But I wont forget to mention that we're right back in this thing :headbang

whats sad

:huh:

ain't nothing sad

what it does it take for some of you to f***ing enjoy a damn thing? :huh: :huh:

we had tough times and never fell apart, never fell out of it - we are damn well in it now -

and no weak division bulls*** - the division the cubs are in is obviously weaker and I haven't seen anyone look invincable this year -

it is still June and we are what now, 3.5 out? That is not a bad position and what is f***ing great is that we did struggle so long and we have turned it around the last several series and we are only 3.5 out (or will be tomorrow if we are 4.5 out now) so we are in damn great shape - that is what is great, not what is sad

based on the way the team was all hanging on the railing cheering for each other, a sight unseen since 2000, I think everything is great - maybe it took a while for the karma to take hold but look at the calendar and look at the standings and what is great is that we are right there despite having struggled

and in the long run, I think it is far, far better, not sad, for a team to struggle early and then pull it together than to coast - the 2001 Mariners were just anotehr team as many others that coasted all season and failed in the post season - that this team has struggled and found its way back is far, far better than if it had coatsed because now this team knows nothing is automatic and yet it believes in itself and is pulling for each other - the best site today was watching the players cheering each other on -

there is not a sad thought in my head baseball wise tonight

Let me offer something that I have learned. Many people form opinions of people, things, and situations, and hold onto that opinion forever. I have done this for my entire life. People need to let go of their egos and realize that people, situations and things can change, and change for the good! I think Mora sucks and always will, but hey, itS POSSIBLE that he can turn into a darn good player. The same can be said for Rowand and DJ. I wouldnt bet on it but hey, at least im willing to admit maybe i dont know it all. The answer is WHO KNOWS, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. ;)

Like Esteban Loaiza. Who would have guessed that he would have turned into a potential Cy Young candiate the way he has. He has been hit hard like once this year, and he left one game early because he wasn't feeling well(and in that outing, he still only gave up 3 runs in 5 innings....that's called battling). Who would have guessed that a relatively mediocre pitcher for much of his career could just put it together like this.

Like Esteban Loaiza. Who would have guessed that he would have turned into a potential Cy Young candiate the way he has. He has been hit hard like once this year, and he left one game early because he wasn't feeling well(and in that outing, he still only gave up 3 runs in 5 innings....that's called battling). Who would have guessed that a relatively mediocre pitcher for much of his career could just put it together like this.

Not me, and he is the perfect example. Before this season, Loaiza was absolutely awful.

cw.....great post....and I agree whole-heartedly. There are actually advantages to struggling the way we did early on in the year. Those struggles build character for a team, build bonds, showing that we are tough enough to escape from a big struggle like that. It is not the team with the best record that always wins it all(because the only two teams to have ever won 116 games have not won a World Series title), but rather the team that gets the hottest. If a team thinks they can coast through the playoffs, that team is way, way wrong. The Angels proved that last year. Taking it one game at a time and just winning the whole f***ing thing. The funny thing is is the fact that the Angels were 8 games under .500 at one point in the year(I don't care that it was early....8 games under is 8 games under, I don't care who, what, where, when, or how you did it). Am I comparing us to the Angels? Of course not. Just making a point that anything can and will happen.

Point blank, you know how to lose, you know how to come back the next day, and you know how to show some respect to the opposition....plain and simple.

And we as White Sox fans are f***ing due for the big one.

thanks for the correction, knew they lost but haven't had time to check the standings yet -

how about 3.5 out after Sunday's games?

I will take a sox win, and let the standings take care of themselves. :)

Like Esteban Loaiza.  Who would have guessed that he would have turned into a potential Cy Young candiate the way he has.  He has been hit hard like once this year, and he left one game early because he wasn't feeling well(and in that outing, he still only gave up 3 runs in 5 innings....that's called battling).  Who would have guessed that a relatively mediocre pitcher for much of his career could just put it together like this.

-------Ugly raises his hand---------

Well not Cy Young, but if you ask Southsider he'll tell you how excited I was and the high hopes I had when we first signed him. I even predicted 14 wins, and everyone on espn thought I was nuts.

Gordon's prediction has stood for me also, except for him taking away the closers role from Koch, which could still happen.

And when Jimenez turns it around (today being a starting point), I'll take credit for him also, from watching him here in SD for 3 years.

Only bad prediction I made was Rios being a great addition and the everyday CF.

-------Ugly raises his hand---------

Well not Cy Young, but if you ask Southsider he'll tell you how excited I was and the high hopes I had when we first signed him. I even predicted 14 wins, and everyone on espn thought I was nuts.

Gordon's prediction has stood for me also, except for him taking away the closers role from Koch, which could still happen.

And when Jimenez turns it around (today being a starting point), I'll take credit for him also, from watching him here in SD for 3 years.

Only bad prediction I made was Rios being a great addition and the everyday CF.

I'm not sure if Jimenez will be around much longer. If he doesn't want to get fired up, that's his f***ing problem, and he should take it elsewhere. I'd trade him to any f***ing team that wants him right now. Harris is the answer at 2B, not Jimenez.

Heather said hes gonna go on a tear, bmr said Rowands looking like a keeper and 247 said he knew Rowand would get it together. But he still sucks! Hes not a superstar, but everyones acting like he is. Hes just another player hitting .200 who came up with a clutch hit. Nothin more.

Heather said hes gonna go on a tear, bmr said Rowands looking like a keeper and 247 said he knew Rowand would get it together. But he still sucks! Hes not a superstar, but everyones acting like he is. Hes just another player hitting .200 who came up with a clutch hit. Nothin more.

No one is saying he is a superstar. He had a horrible start this year. He was sent to the minors and got his s*** together. Lately, he has been looking much better. I believe he'll be a good major leaguer eventually. Not a HOF'er, not an All Star, but a decent ballplayer.

Too busy telling people to BE GOOD to turn on the game??? :lol:

LOL nope.....WAS out all day, but I coulda found out the score if I knew the game started at 4.......I thought it started at 8.........AND I can never watch games anyways unless there on ESPN or something, since I live in NY and dont have the Extra Innings crap

BE GOOD