We Don't Shuffle Anymore!

The Critic

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
Critic, are you finally deciding you like your Pod!?!

I still don't know if I like it, but I appreciate how easy it is to carry a large collection around with it.

It's annoying how quickly the battery runs low, but I don't know how I'd get around that anyway.

I guess I like it if only because I couldn't listen to the Adam Carolla Show on the train or at work without it.

....I don't think Apple will be calling me for an endorsement anytime soon, though....

Three years ago, a friend gave me a Mini Disc walkman. The software enabled you to fit up to 6 hours of music on your MD through compression. The battery life off a single AA battery was stunning. Over 60 hours of play off a single battery!

I can routinely get 5-6 hours from my iPod though, which is good for a week and a half at the gym, or a couple days if im commuting by train.

I should be in bed on Saturday night

1. Rinocerose - Stop It

2. Antony and the Johnsons - River of Sorrow

3. Cut Chemist - Storm

4. Weezer - Pink Triangle

5. Love and Rockets - So Alive (great song, even if it was the remains of Bauhaus selling out)

6. Lambchop - The Decline of Country and Western Civilization

7. Railroad Jerk - One Step Forward

8. Serge Gainsbourg - Aeroplanes

9. Ted Leo and The Pharmacists - The Lost Brigade

10. Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Frownland

Bonus 11:

DAT Politics - Turn My Brain Off

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 01:05 AM)
Three years ago, a friend gave me a Mini Disc walkman. The software enabled you to fit up to 6 hours of music on your MD through compression. The battery life off a single AA battery was stunning. Over 60 hours of play off a single battery!

I can routinely get 5-6 hours from my iPod though, which is good for a week and a half at the gym, or a couple days if im commuting by train.

5-6 hours is about what I get, too, but I have a 7.5 hour worknight on Sundays, so you can see the suckage involved for me.

I guess I don't have the charge problem due to my working at a computer all day and night. I rarely use the thing on its own, without the computer. Even when I drive I use a charging FM transmitter. I still haven't tried to use it with my laptop with Vista on it though, as early warnings were that Vista version of iTunes could wipe-out the Pod. Anybody try it yet?