Maybe Some Great News

kane0730

Singleton has improved by leaps and bounds. I really think I like him in there. Farmio has a lot of talent, but he's just gotten stale at this point. At least he hasn't brought up how Brian Daubach likes strawberry ice cream much this year.

I love DJ, I hate Hawk and Farmio but I dont know about Singleton... Havent listened to many games on the radio this season so only have last to judge him.

I should rephrase that, I dont hate Hawk but ive grown tired of him... I used to love him. But I absolutely do not care at all for Farmer.

Edited by SoxFan101

I still love Hawk, but I will acknowledge that he is a terrible announcer to have when your team sucks. At least when the team is good or even decent, his homerism has at least some merit, and his game calling is generally entertaining. In a year like the one we are currently having, his homerism just pisses me off, and since we are usually losing, Hawk is too quiet to be entertaining.

I, too, am ready for a fresh start in both the radio and TV booths.

Farmer, whom I think is probably a great guy and a supporter of my family's favority charity (Polycystic Kidney Disease, aka PKD), is just a BAD radio guy -- in either role. He's droll and glib. He must be the worst announcer in MLB.

It's time to move on withe Hawk and DJ...get some fresh talent and a new start.

I could not believe that the Sox allowed Rooney, the only real annoncing pro they had, leave w/o an effort to retain him.

Inexcusable.

Do you think Farmio's got some confidential info about Jerry?

Edited by SadChiSoxFanOptimist

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 12:03 AM)
Singleton's terrible. 1 game last year the Sox had 1 run in each of the first 4 innings, and he goes "If the Sox get 1 run in every inning, they'll end up with 12 runs." What?! Wouldn't that be 9?

I wouldn't use last year as an example. He started out absolutely horrible his first year, but has gotten much, much better. He was extremely difficult to listen to last year.

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
I could not believe that the Sox allowed Rooney, the only real annoncing pro they had, leave w/o an effort to retain him.

Inexcusable.

Oye...

:brickwall

QUOTE(SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Jun 24, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)

Inexcusable.

Yeah... You may want to read up on that situation a bit because it is very obvious you haven't. Please do that before deeming things inexcusable, it really reflects badly.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 22, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
Ill take Farmer anyday

+1

For better or worse, Farmer is an enormous part of White Sox baseball. I couldn't imagine listening to a game without him. He's much better at color commentary than play-by-by and I think that moving him back into that role would work best.

Singleton is OK, but nothing special.

I just remember a time last year when I was listening to a radio call and Famer and Singleton were talking about Jeff Conine. They said he's a great guy, but if you pull a prank on him - I think their example was tripping him in the clubhouse - then he'd punch you in the gut a week later as revenge.

Farmer and Singleton went on to talk about an incident when Singleton was with the Sox and Farmer would always sleep on the plane with blankets pulled up to his chin. Singleton once woke him up and said Farmer got some sort of revenge, but when the inning ended Farmer said, "We'll be back after this and hopefully we won't be talking about this anymore," or something to that effect. I remember Singleton had pressed him to say what he did, but Farmer kind of ignored it.

The whole thing just reeked of terrible chemistry, and whenever I listened to radio broadcasts I just got the feeling that the two really didn't like each other.