Official Soxtalk.com: Rumor Mill!

MurcieOne

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

can you deal rowand with his injury???? who would be willing to take that chance......where the hell is gord ash when you need him???? lol

Rowand stil has value. I'm tending to think it would be a wise move to package Rowand and MJ to the A's for Terrance Long and Corey Lidle. Long is a more typical centerfielder although I don't know if he's much of an improvement over Rowand.

I also thought of the Sox dealing Rowand do the Rockies for Juanne Pierre. The rockies have wanted Rowand for a while. I'd then try to move Liefer and MJ to the A's for Lidle(Liefer would be a great fit their) and then sign Hollandsworth to backup in center and left, and as an insurance in case Thomas goes. Another outfielder I like is Alex Ochoa, and if we lost Lee and needed another starter, I think Robert Fick is very solid(I don't know if he's a free agent. I know he was supposed to be, but he may of re-upped with Detroit near the end of the season)

Guest hotsoxchick1

stop the madness... i cant take anymore rumors......the only rumor i want to hear from now on is kw is getting fired... actually i dont want it to be a rumor just the truth........

Originally posted by theoldroman

As anyone from mlb would know, Im a huge Thomas fan so Id really hate to see him leave. Besides, if he did, Id find it much more likely that hed go to either the other Sox or the Braves. Most likely the Red Sox since Thomas is rather weak defensively.

The Orioles have shown interest in Thomas and Thomas has shown interest in them...that can only mean one thing in my book, that Thomas will be a member of the Orioles next year, sad as it may be.

Originally posted by witesoxfan

The Orioles have shown interest in Thomas and Thomas has shown interest in them...that can only mean one thing in my book, that Thomas will be a member of the Orioles next year, sad as it may be.

I kind of think Thomas likes the idea of playing in Baltimores small park. I am happy if Thomas is here, and I can live if he goes.

Originally posted by Jjav829

Heres a rumor Im creating. The Sox are interested in signing Steve Parris. Hell, if Peter Gammons can do it, then so can I! Atleast my rumors are more realistic. 

I know one thing, Liefer for Pierre ain't happening. Although I am starting to think their is some validity to this MJ deal. Why else would the Sox sign him to a contract?

The only logic I see behind it is to speed up the process. I mean he's aribtration eligible and he wasn't going to get some big increase or anything.

Personally I'd love this move simply cause it means Olivo is our guy.

No, I suggested Rowand for Pierre. The Rocks used to be fascinated with Aaron, hopefully it hasn't changed.

Pierre would be an awesome #2 hitter behind Jimenez. We would have massive speed at the top of the order, two good bunters and then the power.

Of course in the 9 hole I'd eventually like to see Wee Willie as Manos moves to the bench and Jimenez moves to the two slot, but Willie hasn't shown me anything other then speed and hustle yet, but its a start.

I wouldn't. The deal just doesn't solve anything, imo. The Sox need a proven pitcher. I'll take Rauch on the mound and just go with him.

Lets get a proven guy, nothing but a proven guy. Plus I don't want all of Wilson's strikeouts. He's the strikeout queen behind Jose Hernandez.

I don't want Juan Pierre at all. He had a terrible year last season despite playing in Coors and his stats would be even worse outside of Coors.

I'd like to see the Sox just stick with Rowand and the current players they have. We need pitching before we need position players.

I agree.

we need a pitcher first and foremost. if we get a pitcher, or two (pending the quality) then we don't need anything else.

catcher and center field are questionable, but I'm comfortable with Rowand. good D, hard worker, team player, and knows how to play.

I could handle a catching duo of Olivo, Johnson and even Paul (if we go three men).