Official Soxtalk.com: Rumor Mill!

MurcieOne

You all are right and I'm a big Rowand supporter, but if we could get a speedy say left handed hitter that would fit in the two hole that would be great. Of course Pierre is a righty and I'm not really sure whose out their and available that wouldn't cost much to acquire.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

can you deal rowand with his injury???? who would be willing to take that chance......where the hell is gord ash when you  need him???? lol

Rowand stil has value.  I'm tending to think it would be a wise move to package Rowand and MJ to the A's for Terrance Long and Corey Lidle.  Long is a more typical centerfielder although I don't know if he's much of an improvement over Rowand.

I also thought of the Sox dealing Rowand do the Rockies for Juanne Pierre.  The rockies have wanted Rowand for a while.  I'd then try to move Liefer and MJ to the A's for Lidle(Liefer would be a great fit their) and then sign Hollandsworth to backup in center and left, and as an insurance in case Thomas goes.  Another outfielder I like is Alex Ochoa, and if we lost Lee and needed another starter, I think Robert Fick is very solid(I don't know if he's a free agent.  I know he was supposed to be, but he may of re-upped with Detroit near the end of the season)

What the f*** are you smoking?

Rowand and MJ for Lidle and Long? Um, look at Long's stats a year ago. Won't happen.

Pierre for Rowand? Who's Colorado going to have lead off, Juan Uribe?

Liefer MJ to the A's? We're dealing with Billy Beane here.

Well I'm going off of Gammons rumors for the Lidle for Johnson stuff. I don't know why it would happen, but hey if the A's are that foolish then so be it.

As far as Pierre, he's on the move to the Marlins except the deal is likely to be nixed and they aren't getting a leadoff hitter in return. I know the Rockies have given up on Pierre or they have someone else to play their because Uribe is who they want to leadoff.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Well I'm going off of Gammons rumors for the Lidle for Johnson stuff.  I don't know why it would happen, but hey if the A's are that foolish then so be it. 

The rumor was Johnson and a center fielder. Once again, Beane has to cut payroll.

Well, whose the centerfielder?  Would you guys do Johnson and Rowand?

I thought it was Johnson and a prospect.  Of course we don't have any centerfield prospects, so who knows.

All Gammons said was a center fielder. Maybe that Reed guy we drafted.

Yep, Webster and Reed are both their and if they both develop and keep growing they may end up pushing Maggs to DH.

Of cousre this is a long ways off and you can't worry about this. Plus, odds are of Borchard, Webster and Reed one will fall on his face, but you never know. All I know is that all are real good all around players. Reed isn't a true power hitter, but he's still a player.

Of cousre this is a long ways off and you can't worry about this.  Plus, odds are of Borchard, Webster and Reed one will fall on his face, but you never know. 

Either that or the fact that one of them could be traded...or two of them. If we did a minor-league swap, I wouldn't mind it so much, as long as we got a good prospect in return.

We all like Honel Jason.......

But we have so many other top notch pitching prospects that he is expendable!

I'd rather give up a guy like West/Wing/Stewart

But aint gonna happen.

The Colon...... Major League Ace

Honel...... A-ball Ace

Here is a rumor that turned out to be true....... Kenny Williams is a stupid f***ing brainless piece of s*** that has a level of integrity as small as the shriveled prick that sits dormant in his s***-encrusted pants.:****

Detroit Tiger 28 year old lefty Mark Redman is on the trading block. Redman threw just over 200 innings last year and finished with a 4.29 era but had a terrible record. Redman does have a strong arm and seems to have good stamina.

The Tigers are also looking to deal former closer Matt Anderson in a payroll dump.

I would be very willing to take a look at Redman and Anderson would be a sweet pickup too, although I don't see that happening.

Just tossing it out their as a solid pitcher that wouldn't cost much money and is available.

Detroit Tiger 28 year old lefty Mark Redman is on the trading block.  Redman threw just over 200 innings last year and finished with a 4.29 era but had a terrible record.  Redman does have a strong arm and seems to have good stamina. 

The Tigers are also looking to deal former closer Matt Anderson in a payroll dump.

I would be very willing to take a look at Redman and Anderson would be a sweet pickup too, although I don't see that happening. 

Just tossing it out their as a solid pitcher that wouldn't cost much money and is available.

I love the idea........ but considering the tigers are in the division I think they are gonna ask for too much.

anyone remember Crede for Weaver???

p.s isn't redman a Fa?

I think we should aim at a young fa pitcher. Not Glavine or Maddux because by the time our core comes together they will be retiring so thats not a very good idea.

I say we should sign Jeff D'Amico. The Mets are taking aim at Glavine so they will most likely not be too preoccupied with signing D'Amico. Last year, JD was 6-10 with a 4.94 ERA. Yes, these numbers dont look good but that probably means we could get him dirt cheap and Ive always liked D'Amico and when hes healthy he can be damn good. I say we sign him for like 2 years at 1.5 million each year. I say its worth the risk...

Guest hotsoxchick1

murc you can foreget colon.. kenny doesnt have his big brass ones on this winter..... you can count on a no name or nothing at all... ill be willing to bet on it........:**** kenny williams

Guest hotsoxchick1

i foreget which one of you all were the big brooks kieschnek backer here but, were you all aware he signed a deal with the brewers as a minor league free agent last week............just wanted to fyi ya ...........