Raiders looking at Daunte Culpepper

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
Pair Culpepper with Randy Moss, and the magic happens.

Wonder if Cullpepper signs with Oakland, will he be shocked to realize that Moss is in New England now?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
Randy Moss has the ability to heal Knee injuries?

Oh Mr. Moss...heal me!

He sucked in Minny after Moss left, before he was injured. I'm saying he really, really benefited from being able to throw Moss seven or eight jumpballs in the end zone every season. You can't blame the knee for throwing 12 picks and six TDs in seven games in 2005.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:13 AM)
He sucked in Minny after Moss left, before he was injured. I'm saying he really, really benefited from being able to throw Moss seven or eight jumpballs in the end zone every season. You can't blame the knee for throwing 12 picks and six TDs in seven games in 2005.

What Balta is saying is that Culpepper wasnt healed last year, and it wouldnt have mattered if Culpepper was in Miami or Oakland last year because his knee was still screwed up. Culpepper wouldnt have been throwing to Moss much of last year for the same reasons he wasnt able to hit Chambers and Booker, he didnt have the line to protect him and he didnt have the mobility to escape pressure.

BTW, Culpepper to Oakland is a done deal now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2956542

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 09:09 AM)
What Balta is saying is that Culpepper wasnt healed last year, and it wouldnt have mattered if Culpepper was in Miami or Oakland last year because his knee was still screwed up. Culpepper wouldnt have been throwing to Moss much of last year for the same reasons he wasnt able to hit Chambers and Booker, he didnt have the line to protect him and he didnt have the mobility to escape pressure.

BTW, Culpepper to Oakland is a done deal now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2956542

He didn't run all that much in 2003 and 2004, and I remember there was some confusion swirling around Culpepper and his knee last season in Miami. I'm just saying he's not as good as he looked when he had Randy Moss.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
He didn't run all that much in 2003 and 2004, and I remember there was some confusion swirling around Culpepper and his knee last season in Miami. I'm just saying he's not as good as he looked when he had Randy Moss.

and Scott Linehan

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 04:31 AM)
and Scott Linehan

And he lost his center, Matt Birk. But if he was legitimately as good as he was with Moss, he would've been even in his touchdown-to-interception ratio without all those people. Instead it was six TDs and 12 picks. But who is more integral in this: the all-world wide receiver who caught 90 touchdowns in seven seasons with the Vikings, or the offensive coordinator and his center?

Remember, Brad Johnson came in and posted a 88.9 QB rating with 12 TDs and four interceptions.

Edited by AirScott