What Uniforms Did Jordan Wear?

mumbles3k

Hello,

Someone I know was asking about which Sox uniforms Michael Jordan wore, and the numbers he used for those uniforms. I've seen pictures of him in the batting practice jersey and the black alternate jersey with #45, presumably during his spring training stint and what appears to be a Sox/Cubs exhibition game. I've also seen pictures of him in the red BP jersey with #23 from the late '80s/early '90s, which I remember him taking batting practice in one time. But I've also seen a picture of him in the white pinstriped jersey with #23. When would this have been? Also, during his "career," was there ever an occasion for him to have worn any other uniforms, maybe in exhibition games or whatever?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by mumbles3k

QUOTE(mumbles3k @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
Hello,

Someone I know was asking about which Sox uniforms Michael Jordan wore, and the numbers he used for those uniforms. I've seen pictures of him in the batting practice jersey and the black alternate jersey with #45, presumably during his spring training stint and what appears to be a Sox/Cubs exhibition game. I've also seen pictures of him in the red BP jersey with #23 from the late '80s/early '90s, which I remember him taking batting practice in one time. But I've also seen a picture of him in the white pinstriped jersey with #23. When would this have been? Also, during his "career," was there ever an occasion for him to have worn any other uniforms, maybe in exhibition games or whatever?

Thanks,

Mike

MJ wore #45 all season with the Barons in 1994.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Jordan never played a "real" game for the White Sox so the white pin striped jersey you see is likely the Birmingham Barons' home uni. He played 127 games for them in 1994.

That's possible, but the number on the jersey is 23.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Didn't he play in the Crosstown Classic game that year?

Yes, and it looks like they wore their black jerseys for that game.

Am I right in assuming that any spring training games would have been played with BP jerseys?

Thanks again.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 02:43 AM)
Per http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/1994.shtml , no. Also per his bio, whitesox.com, and numerous other googled sites, he never wore #23 in a Sox uniform.

He did indeed play in the Crosstown Classic that year, though I have no idea what uniform number he wore. The game was at Wrigley that year.

The Crosstown Classic was an exhibition, so that's why he doesn't show up on baseball-reference.com.

Edited by FLsouthsider

QUOTE(FLsouthsider @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 04:52 AM)
He did indeed play in the Crosstown Classic that year, though I have no idea what uniform number he wore. The game was at Wrigley that year.

The Crosstown Classic was an exhibition, so that's why he doesn't show up on baseball-reference.com.

If I remember correctly, he ripped a double in that game. :notworthy

QUOTE(mumbles3k @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:09 AM)
It seems that the white pinstriped #23 uniform was worn during some sort of celebrity home run derby.

I would agree that Robin Ventura, the owner of #23 from 89 to 97, is a celebrity.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
steff,

you posted he didn't play in the game then a couple posts down you remember he had the game tying double, what gives?

He did not play in an interleague game - interleague didn't start until 1997.

And while I'd love to have a memory like that, I don't. I had to look up the exhibition game for that detail.