Hope Solo

Anyone been following this story?

Basically, Solo was benched and her replacement allowed three goals in a loss to Brazil Afterward she publicly stated that her coach made the wrong decision in benching her and now this:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-wcup30...ewed-storylevel

First of all, it was a curious decision by Greg Ryan. The squad hadn't lost in 51 matches and you switch keepers? Dumb.

Second, it was an incredibly stupid thing to say by Hope Solo. I can't believe she could be such a poor teammate to do something that idiotic. Throw one of your teammates under the bus? Two weeks after you let in a soft goal of your own against North Korea? She might have made a save on one of those goals, maybe two -- and I stress might have. The US got their butts kicked by Brazil, pure and simple.

Greg Ryan will lose his job and the new coach will have to find a new keeper. Scurry is too old and Solo is radioactive.

Edited by Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
First of all, it was a curious decision by Greg Ryan. The squad hadn't lost in 51 matches and you switch keepers? Dumb.

Second, it was an incredibly stupid thing to say by Hope Solo. I can't believe she could be such a poor teammate to do something that idiotic. Throw one of your teammates under the bus? Two weeks after you let in a soft goal of your own against North Korea? She might have made a save on one of those goals, maybe two -- and I stress might have. The US got their butts kicked by Brazil, pure and simple.

Greg Ryan will lose his job and the new coach will have to find a new keeper. Scurry is too old and Solo is radioactive.

Did she really throw her under the bus though? IIRC, Solo was asked directly about it and she said in no way was it a shot at her teammate. I can see why it's easy to run with it though.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 05:19 PM)
Did she really throw her under the bus though? IIRC, Solo was asked directly about it and she said in no way was it a shot at her teammate. I can see why it's easy to run with it though.

Whether she wants to admit it was a shot at her teammate or not I think it absolutely was. I agree with what shes saying but she shouldnt have said it. At least not to the media before her coach and/or teammates. If I was in her situation I would be pissed too. I have a feeling she is gonna get way too vilified for this even though she pretty much got voted off the island by her teammates.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
Whether she wants to admit it was a shot at her teammate or not I think it absolutely was. I agree with what shes saying but she shouldnt have said it. At least not to the media before her coach and/or teammates. If I was in her situation I would be pissed too. I have a feeling she is gonna get way too vilified for this even though she pretty much got voted off the island by her teammates.

Her teamate deserved it though, she knew that she wasnt the best person for the job not only because at this point in their careers she was obviously the worse keeper and because she was cold going in, if she was any good teamate at all she would of told the coach im flattered by your decision but the right choice is to keep Solo in. Whats best for the team > best for you, especially with what she already has accomplished in the past.