Check out this quote

Chisoxfn

Hart said the players would be a combination of pitchers and position players. The White Sox's top pitching prospect is left-hander Neal Cotts, who is 8-2 with a 1.83 earned-run average in 14 starts at Double-A Birmingham, but Hart said there were some players the Rangers asked for but couldn't get.

This could be me reading into things, but he mentions Cotts as the top prospect and then says Hart coudln't get some guys. This either means Cotts is the best of the guys they could get or that Cotts was there, but that the Sox refused to give him up.

I can only hope for the latter.

Guest JimH

Baseball America says this morning they believe it will be 3 mid-level prospects, along the lines of what was sent to the Mets for Alomar. Slightly contradictory, since Ring is a bit more than a mid-level prospect.

I do not expect Cotts or Honel or Wing or Reed or Webster, etc. to go in this trade.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Baseball America says this morning they believe it will be 3 mid-level prospects, along the lines of what was sent to the Mets for Alomar.  Slightly contradictory, since Ring is a bit more than a mid-level prospect.

I do not expect Cotts or Honel or Wing or Reed or Webster, etc. to go in this trade.

and what about yofu????

Baseball America says this morning they believe it will be 3 mid-level prospects, along the lines of what was sent to the Mets for Alomar.  Slightly contradictory, since Ring is a bit more than a mid-level prospect.

and what about yofu????

I'm sure Jim left Yofu out of the "mid-level prospects" list by mistake :rolleyes:

and what about yofu????

I think Yofu is over 25 right?

Guest hotsoxchick1

and what about yofu????

well we dont have a ton under 25 unless you go to kanny or somewhere gosh aweful like that... i believe that hart said he was looking for guys who could help out soon... not wait a few years down the road........at least thats how i read it......25 years old doesnt leave a ton of pickins...... ;)

and what about yofu????

Over 25.

and what about yofu????

well we dont have a ton under 25 unless you go to kanny or somewhere gosh aweful like that... i believe that hart said he was looking for guys who could help out soon... not wait a few years down the road........at least thats how i read it......25 years old doesnt leave a ton of pickins...... ;)

I thought that the list of players to choose from were all going to be 25 or younger? Who knows with all the info flying around... :huh:

Guest JimH

Young guys who jump to mind who might be able to contribute to Texas in the next year or so, all under 25 or just turned 25: Diaz and Ginter (AAA), Pacheco, Bajenaru.

As for younger guys down in W-S or Kanny ... there's too many to speculate.

I'd discount any information coming from Hart down in Texas ... naturally, he wants to make the trade look good to the Rangers fans, so he's going to hype up whoever they get ... whether they're blue chippers or not.

Guest JimH

Yofu is pushing 30, if not 30 already. If they end up losing Yofu in this deal (which I doubt), I'm not gonna get upset about it.