wise words

cwsox

the two who saw this all coming when others were in despair:

ain't nothing sad

what it does it take for some of you to f***ing enjoy a damn thing? huh.gif huh.gif

we had tough times and never fell apart, never fell out of it - we are damn well in it now -

and no weak division bulls*** - the division the cubs are in is obviously weaker and I haven't seen anyone look invincable this year -

it is still June and we are what now, 3.5 out? That is not a bad position and what is f***ing great is that we did struggle so long and we have turned it around the last several series and we are only 3.5 out (or will be tomorrow if we are 4.5 out now) so we are in damn great shape - that is what is great, not what is sad

based on the way the team was all hanging on the railing cheering for each other, a sight unseen since 2000, I think everything is great - maybe it took a while for the karma to take hold but look at the calendar and look at the standings and what is great is that we are right there despite having struggled

and in the long run, I think it is far, far better, not sad, for a team to struggle early and then pull it together than to coast - the 2001 Mariners were just another team as many others that coasted all season and failed in the post season - that this team has struggled and found its way back is far, far better than if it had coatsed because now this team knows nothing is automatic and yet it believes in itself and is pulling for each other - the best site today was watching the players cheering each other on -

there is not a sad thought in my head baseball wise tonight

and the reply by witesoxfan

cw.....great post....and I agree whole-heartedly. There are actually advantages to struggling the way we did early on in the year. Those struggles build character for a team, build bonds, showing that we are tough enough to escape from a big struggle like that. It is not the team with the best record that always wins it all(because the only two teams to have ever won 116 games have not won a World Series title), but rather the team that gets the hottest. If a team thinks they can coast through the playoffs, that team is way, way wrong. The Angels proved that last year. Taking it one game at a time and just winning the whole f***ing thing. The funny thing is is the fact that the Angels were 8 games under .500 at one point in the year(I don't care that it was early....8 games under is 8 games under, I don't care who, what, where, when, or how you did it). Am I comparing us to the Angels? Of course not. Just making a point that anything can and will happen.

Point blank, you know how to lose, you know how to come back the next day, and you know how to show some respect to the opposition....plain and simple.

And we as White Sox fans are f***ing due for the big one.

true, not becoming, but I am very de classé

just a way of saying that our early struggles paved the way for current success and our time of stuggle was not negative, it was team building and gutcheck time and we accomplished

just a way of saying that our early struggles paved the way for current success and our time of stuggle was not negative, it was team building and gutcheck time and we accomplished

Every sox fan here wants to see the sox do well. To some, it just matters more. I happen to be one of those people right now. The sox are one of the few positive things i can focus on, in my life right now. If i get down, or pissed cuz they may lose, its because I want them to win badly. Take it no other way and Im sure many of the other guys are the same way. Im a positive person but the sox have broken my heart way too many times.

that wasn't the point we were going for, although we may have failed to express that well -

the despair that we had buried ourselves so far out of it and a win against the cubs meant nothing, that was the despair to which we we were responding - in other words, this wasn't 2001 0r 2002 when we got buried hoplessly - instead in 2003 we had merely struggled and yet still remained in great position and liable to make a run at it because we had jelled as a team, in time, in plenty of time

Every sox fan here wants to see the sox do well. To some, it just matters more. I happen to be one of those people right now. The sox are one of the few positive things i can focus on, in my life right now. If i get down, or pissed cuz they may lose, its because I want them to win badly. Take it no other way and Im sure many of the other guys are the same way. Im a positive person but the sox have broken my heart way too many times.

BMR....I have only been a Sox fan for about 8 or 9 years now, but to have only 1 playoff appearance in that time is very hard, and to have never seen the Sox win a playoff game is even harder.

You can consider me being in the same category as you right now as far as wanting the Sox to win. And I think they will now.

In my time as a Sox fan, and stories from my family's 91 years of sox loving, I have seen/heard of many events.

Unfortunately one thing is that half a season is a long time. Right now it is too early to say we have everything locked.

Just appreciate these wins, and keep your focus on getting to first.

BMR....I have only been a Sox fan for about 8 or 9 years now, but to have only 1 playoff appearance in that time is very hard, and to have never seen the Sox win a playoff game is even harder.

You can consider me being in the same category as you right now as far as wanting the Sox to win. And I think they will now.

:headbang I think youre right.

that wasn't the point we were going for, although we may have failed to express that well -

the despair that we had buried ourselves so far out of it and a win against the cubs meant nothing, that was the despair to which we we were responding - in other words, this wasn't 2001 0r 2002 when we got buried hoplessly - instead in 2003 we had merely struggled and yet still remained in great position and liable to make a run at it because we had jelled as a team, in time, in plenty of time

sorry CW, I just realized that my post in a way mirrors yours.

My bad :bang

In my time as a Sox fan, and stories from my family's 91 years of sox loving, I have seen/heard of many events. 

Unfortunately one thing is that half a season is a long time.  Right now it is too early to say we have everything locked. 

Just appreciate these wins, and keep your focus on getting to first.

That is so very true. We cannot assume anything yet. Hell, we are still in third and sitting at .500 right now.

Before we started the recenet stretch, begining with 4 game Boston series, we had 16 consecutive games against upper division clubs in front of us. I effectively said at that time, that it was time for the Sox to put up or shut up. Well, we went 11-5 over that stretch, and 9-3 over the past 12. The Sox have definitely "put up". The front office has done it's part, with maybe more to come. For the first time since we started that slide in late April, things are looking promising. Now if we can just take this momentum and run with it, we may have something special happening here.