Soxtalk Softball Team?

OK so, in 2007 I didn't get to play on a softball team, for the first time since college. I was not happy. My new company is based outside Chicago, so a company team is out for me (I had coached my company team previously).

So here goes... who would want to put together a team to play in the spring/summer in the city? I'm talking 16" here, by the way, none of that sissy 12" crap. Or alternately, if you already have a team but may be short some players, maybe you could use a few free agents from here? I have a few people from my last company's team as well that I can round up, some being very good players.

Maybe we can even get a bar to sponsor us and pay for t-shirts.

If this might interest you come April/May or so, sound off in the thread. We'll see if this gets any interest. If it does, maybe we can talk about getting a team together.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 12:56 PM)
OK so, in 2007 I didn't get to play on a softball team, for the first time since college. I was not happy. My new company is based outside Chicago, so a company team is out for me (I had coached my company team previously).

So here goes... who would want to put together a team to play in the spring/summer in the city? I'm talking 16" here, by the way, none of that sissy 12" crap. Or alternately, if you already have a team but may be short some players, maybe you could use a few free agents from here? I have a few people from my last company's team as well that I can round up, some being very good players.

Maybe we can even get a bar to sponsor us and pay for t-shirts.

If this might interest you come April/May or so, sound off in the thread. We'll see if this gets any interest. If it does, maybe we can talk about getting a team together.

pfffft, forget you then