Yep, I'm going to suggest it.

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
After 23 posts, someone had to say it.

Well earlier in the thread, it was mostly talk about CPat. I never even had Weaver in mind cuz he's horrid. I thought quickman put an end to this debate for both players mentioning Scott Bora$.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
Why am I the only one who hears a suggestion that we should think about Jeff Weaver who thinks "You know, I'm not sure, but I really don't think that I'd give any money for a veteran pitcher who last year went 7-13, put up a 1.53 WHIP, and a 6.20 ERA, at least until one of our pitcher's arms falls off. And that's assuming some sort of terrorist attack on our minor league affiliates.

I'd rather have one of our young guys put up those numbers instead of Jeff Weaver. At least they'd have a chance at getting better if they were getting experience, and they'd cost $400k this year.

Yeah I would rather have [insert minor league pitcher] getting his ass kicked all over the field than have Jeff Weaver on this team.