What is a bleeding heart liberal?

Soxplosion

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bleeding heart liberal will generally take the view on Ligue's son that it was not the son's fault for jumping Gamboa and beating him. That it was OUR fault, his father's fault, his mother's fault, Grandma and Grandpa's fault, his neighbors fault, his aunt and uncles fault, the beer vendors fault, the concessionaire's fault, the ticket seller's fault, anybody but HIS fault. I get so sick and tired of this displacing blame bulls***. Allright..... I opened the door..... I feel the liberal rants coming on now :D

Originally posted by CubKilla

A bleeding heart liberal will generally take the view on Ligue's son that it was not the son's fault for jumping Gamboa and beating him. That it was OUR fault, his father's fault, his mother's fault, Grandma and Grandpa's fault, his neighbors fault, his aunt and uncles fault, the beer vendors fault, the concessionaire's fault, the ticket seller's fault, anybody but HIS fault. I get so sick and tired of this displacing blame bulls***. Allright..... I opened the door..... I feel the liberal rants coming on now  :D

THAT'S HOW IT IS WITH MOST LIBERALS. IT'S NEVER THE PERP'S FAULT. IT'S ALWAYS SOCIETYS FAULT.

THE FACT THAT HE WAS POOR MADE HIM DO IT, MS CLEO MADE HIM DO IT, HIS DOG MADE HIM DO IT, HIS s***BAG DRUG ABUSING PARENTS MADE HIM DO IT. ANYTHING BUT PLACE THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS.

Originally posted by sideshowapu
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

No, you see, I believe in this called Natural Selection. The idiots wipe themselves out.

SO WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE THEN?

I could ask you the same thing, Nuke. :bringit

THIS FROM A GUY WHO HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT MAKE A PEST OF HIMSELF. WHY DONT YOU GO GET A JOB & DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE WITH YOUR TIME.

No, you see, I believe in this called Natural Selection. The idiots wipe themselves out.

I must not be an idiot.

See, Natural Selection works.

THIS FROM A GUY WHO HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO BUT MAKE A PEST OF HIMSELF. WHY DONT YOU GO GET A JOB & DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE WITH YOUR TIME.

Nuke, I am a full time student during the school year, asshat. I guess being educated isn't something that you'd know about, haha.

I do work more than full time during the summer, so I am quite productive with my time.

And Nuke you never did answer my question from yesterday...how can a 3 and 1/2 week old kid killed in El Mazote be a leftist rebel? You said that all the civilians killed by School of the Americas graduates were supporting leftist rebels...tell me how a child who is not even 1 year old could do anything to warrant being shot to death, Nuke.

:**** SOA/WHISC!

Guest hotsoxchick1

yikes..when do we quit putting blame here or there for stupid ass mistakes being made by stupid ass people..... for instance.. ones up bringing does have a bit of impact on how you will behave later on in life.. true enough ..but there are those who make it out of the bad lands and do something with their lives despite the upbringing.... there have been kids who have made it out of the projects,single parent homes, abusive homes ect.ect. and have become aldermen, sports figures, authors ect. ect.... so it depends on how a person chooses to live his life as opposed to his upbringing....back in our day the whole neighborhood raised us... if my neighbor saw us kids doing something wrong .. she called our parents and then beat our asses... we went home and got another ass whoopin just because.. but we were respectful of others, their property and such.... now days you cant even touch a kid without the worry of going to jail for giving a much deserving ass whoopin.....its getting out of hand.. kids now days dont respect anything nor have any ambition to do anything.. everything is handed to them and they dont have to work for things nor do they know what a hard days work is .......i say we go back to the old days.....

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

yikes..when do we quit putting blame here or there for stupid ass mistakes being made by stupid ass people..... for instance.. ones up bringing does have a bit of impact on how you will behave later on in life.. true enough ..but there are those who make it out of the bad lands and do something with their lives despite the upbringing.... there have been kids who have made it out of the projects,single parent homes, abusive homes ect.ect. and have become aldermen, sports figures, authors ect. ect.... so it depends on how a person chooses to live his life as opposed to his upbringing....back in our day the whole neighborhood raised us... if my neighbor saw us kids doing something wrong .. she called our parents and then beat our asses... we went home and got another ass whoopin just because.. but we were respectful of others, their property and such.... now days you cant even touch a kid without the worry of going to jail for giving a much deserving ass whoopin.....its getting out of hand.. kids now days dont respect anything nor have any ambition to do anything.. everything is handed to them and they dont have to work for things nor do they  know what a  hard  days work is .......i say we go back to the old days.....

Prepare for the leftist rants against corporal punishment. You've been warned :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah i know...lmao.. maybe if they had their asses beat a bit more when they were younger they would be a bit more respectful like you and south and guido are huh??? lol

Nuke, I am a full time student during the school year, asshat. I guess being educated isn't something that you'd know about, haha.

I do work more than full time during the summer, so I am quite productive with my time.

And Nuke you never did answer my question from yesterday...how can a 3 and 1/2 week old kid killed in El Mazote be a leftist rebel? You said that all the civilians killed by School of the Americas graduates were supporting leftist rebels...tell me how a child who is not even 1 year old could do anything to warrant being shot to death, Nuke.

:**** SOA/WHISC!

I DIDNT SAY THAT ALL PEOPLE KILLED BY SOA GRADS WERE LEFTIST REBELS, JUST MOST OF THEM. YOU KNOW SOMETHING ELSE, I REALLY COULD GIVE A f*** LESS IF ANY "INNOCENT" PEOPLE WERE KILLED BY A FEW OF THESE MEN. WE TEACH OUR FRIENDS IN CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA COUNTER-INSURGENCY TO HELP KEEP GOVERNMENTS FRIENDLY TO THE UNITED STATES SAFE FROM MARXIST/LEFTIST REBELS. THAT IS WHAT IS TRULY AT THE HEART OF YOUR BEEF WITH SOA. WE'RE TEACHING OUR FRIENDS TO KICK THE ASS OF PEOPLE YOU WANT TO SEE IN POWER DOWN THERE. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF CONVIENENCE TO YOU THAT A FEW GRADS OF THAT SCHOOL MAY HAVE MISUSED THEIR TRAINING.

YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL ABOUT THE SPREAD OF MARXISM/LENINISM AND REALLY DONT GIVE A s*** ABOUT WHATEVER COLLATERAL DAMAGE OCCURS DOWN THERE. ONE LITTLE PROBLEM THOUGH. MARXISM/LENINISM IS DEAD. IT IS DEAD AND ITS CORPSE ROTS FURTHER WITH EVERY PASSING DAY. YOUR SILLY PROTESTS ARE ACCOMPLISHING NOTHING OTHER THAN SHOCK TREATMENT ON A DECOMPOSED CORPSE.

GO DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE WITH YOUR LIFE FOR A CHANGE.

I DIDNT SAY THAT ALL PEOPLE KILLED BY SOA GRADS WERE LEFTIST REBELS, JUST MOST OF THEM.  YOU KNOW SOMETHING ELSE, I REALLY COULD GIVE A f*** LESS IF ANY "INNOCENT" PEOPLE WERE KILLED BY A FEW OF THESE MEN. WE TEACH OUR FRIENDS IN CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA COUNTER-INSURGENCY TO HELP KEEP GOVERNMENTS FRIENDLY TO THE UNITED STATES SAFE FROM MARXIST/LEFTIST REBELS.  THAT IS WHAT IS TRULY AT THE HEART OF YOUR BEEF WITH SOA.  WE'RE TEACHING OUR FRIENDS TO KICK THE ASS OF PEOPLE YOU WANT TO SEE IN POWER DOWN THERE.  IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF CONVIENENCE TO YOU THAT A FEW GRADS OF THAT SCHOOL MAY HAVE MISUSED THEIR TRAINING.

YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL ABOUT THE SPREAD OF MARXISM/LENINISM AND REALLY DONT GIVE A s*** ABOUT WHATEVER COLLATERAL DAMAGE OCCURS DOWN THERE.  ONE LITTLE PROBLEM THOUGH.  MARXISM/LENINISM IS DEAD.  IT IS DEAD AND ITS CORPSE ROTS FURTHER WITH EVERY PASSING DAY.  YOUR SILLY PROTESTS ARE ACCOMPLISHING NOTHING OTHER THAN SHOCK TREATMENT ON A DECOMPOSED CORPSE.

I'm sure my great aunt, her husband, their young child and the rest of the bus full of innocent people trying to go to a democratic election thought it was "convienent" when they were gunned down in cold blood in El Salvador back in the days of Oscar Romero and the El Salvadorian Civil War.

Real convienent.

I think fighting for peace and social justice is quite a productive thing to do with your life. Much more productive than wasting your life in a cubicle in some meaningless 9-to-5.

Originally posted by doubleM23

I DIDNT SAY THAT ALL PEOPLE KILLED BY SOA GRADS WERE LEFTIST REBELS, JUST MOST OF THEM.  YOU KNOW SOMETHING ELSE, I REALLY COULD GIVE A f*** LESS IF ANY "INNOCENT" PEOPLE WERE KILLED BY A FEW OF THESE MEN. WE TEACH OUR FRIENDS IN CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA COUNTER-INSURGENCY TO HELP KEEP GOVERNMENTS FRIENDLY TO THE UNITED STATES SAFE FROM MARXIST/LEFTIST REBELS.  THAT IS WHAT IS TRULY AT THE HEART OF YOUR BEEF WITH SOA.  WE'RE TEACHING OUR FRIENDS TO KICK THE ASS OF PEOPLE YOU WANT TO SEE IN POWER DOWN THERE.  IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF CONVIENENCE TO YOU THAT A FEW GRADS OF THAT SCHOOL MAY HAVE MISUSED THEIR TRAINING.

YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL ABOUT THE SPREAD OF MARXISM/LENINISM AND REALLY DONT GIVE A s*** ABOUT WHATEVER COLLATERAL DAMAGE OCCURS DOWN THERE.  ONE LITTLE PROBLEM THOUGH.  MARXISM/LENINISM IS DEAD.  IT IS DEAD AND ITS CORPSE ROTS FURTHER WITH EVERY PASSING DAY.  YOUR SILLY PROTESTS ARE ACCOMPLISHING NOTHING OTHER THAN SHOCK TREATMENT ON A DECOMPOSED CORPSE.

I'm sure my great aunt, her husband, their young child and the rest of the bus full of innocent people trying to go to a democratic election thought it was "convienent" when they were gunned down in cold blood in El Salvador back in the days of Oscar Romero and the El Salvadorian Civil War.

Real convienent.

I think fighting for peace and social justice is quite a productive thing to do with your life. Much more productive than wasting your life in a cubicle in some meaningless 9-to-5.

I HARDLY CONSIDER MAKING A PEST OUT OF YOURSELF "PRODUCTIVE" AND I DONT WORK IN A CUBICLE BTW. MY "MEANINGLESS 9 TO 5" INVOLVES WEARING A UNIFORM THAT SAYS U.S. ARMY AND HELPING PROTECT OUR COUNTRY. MYSELF, THOSE THAT SERVE WITH ME AND THOSE WHO HAVE COME BEFORE DO AND HAVE DONE MORE IN 5 MINUTES TO MAINTAIN WORLD PEACE THAN LEFTIST AGITATORS COULD EVER DO IN A LIFETIME.

Originally posted by doubleM23

Real convienent.

I HARDLY CONSIDER MAKING A PEST OUT OF YOURSELF "PRODUCTIVE" AND I DONT WORK IN A CUBICLE BTW. MY "MEANINGLESS 9 TO 5" INVOLVES WEARING A UNIFORM THAT SAYS U.S. ARMY AND HELPING PROTECT OUR COUNTRY. MYSELF, THOSE THAT SERVE WITH ME AND THOSE WHO HAVE COME BEFORE DO AND HAVE DONE MORE IN 5 MINUTES TO MAINTAIN WORLD PEACE THAN LEFTIST AGITATORS COULD EVER DO IN A LIFETIME.

Ah yes...war brings peace. I forgot that violence always brings peace...you know, the senseless slaughter of peoples always brings peace...I mean, look how well it's worked for the Israelis and Palestinians.

It's not about Marxism as it is about human rights. Tell me Nuke how civilian slaughters by US trained militaries can be justified when the slaughtered were unarmed? What did they do? Ita Ford and the Catholic nuns she was with were improving literacy and medical conditions in El Salvador...I guess that was too much of a leftist threat because they were raped, mutilated and killed by SOA graduates.

Or Oscar Romero, who asked for peace and non-violence in El Salvador who I guess was too much of a leftist and got shot for asking for peace while celebrating mass.

Or the children 5 and younger that were slaughtered in the town of El Mazote. Were they too leftist that they were rounded up unarmed and shot to death by death squads?

Or 9 out of 10 labor unionists in Colombia being kidnapped and murdered by SOA trained troops. Shouldn't workers be given basic rights to not work in sweatshops without being killed by US trained military officers?

Please, Nuke, explain this to me. I am sick and goddamn tired of my tax dollars being spent and the disappearances and murders of small children, church workers, and human rights workers.

Try to defend the rightist hardline regimes there. Try to justify the cold blooded murders of innocent people working for peace. Come on, Nuke or anybody, try to defend the perpetrators of these horrible crimes.

:bringit

anyone who speaks of Oscar Romero, Ita Ford, and by inlucison, Maura Clark, Jean Donovan, and Dorothy Kazel, is someone that I will listen to for that person has much to teach and share.

anyone who gleefully, casually, and/or caviliarly (note the adjectives) accepts the deaths of infants and children, let alone women and men, who are non combatants, in committing acts of violence, is the moral equivilant of Timothy McVeigh or Osama Bin Laden, regardless of whatever outer clothes are worn.

And having said that, as the father of a Marine, I will add that the School of the Americas is a trainong ground for terrorism and should be shut down immediately.

And the definitions of "bleeding heart liberalism" that we have read here are ridiculous and absurd, and bulls***. The total lack of precision in writing, and writing from one's personal biases with such sophomoric understandings is not worthy of the better minds, the better thinking, that each member of this board possesses but denies behind the macho jock tough guy poses.

Liberalism in the issues argued here takes in the full reality of an individual/society in a situation, seeks to understand all of the various factors that contribute to that situation, and respond accordingly to each factor. To understand those factors as they impinge on an individual is then to respond in an approipriate way to that individual for the sake of society and that individual. No one, however liberal, adovcated that Manson, Gacy, McVegh, or Dahmer should be let go "because grandma and grandpa were mean to them" (and whoever used tyhat phrase, come on, you can do better than that). Actually, in each of their lives, we can trace what factors impacted on them, and knowing those, we can work to make those same factors do not affect other individuals. Meanwhile, they each deserved their judgment in society which has an obligation to protect itself.

To understand what has affected the life of either Ligue, and respond to each with the appropriate sentence for each one as determined by the court, means we may rescue one young man from following the sad footsteps of his father, while the father gets a much needed reality check and gets his head straight while serving whatever sentence the court finds appropriate.

Originally posted by cwsox

anyone who speaks of Oscar Romero, Ita Ford, and by inlucison, Maura Clark, Jean Donovan, and Dorothy Kazel, is someone that I will listen to for that person has much to teach and share.

anyone who gleefully, casually, and/or caviliarly (note the adjectives) accepts the deaths of infants and children, let alone women and men, who are non combatants, in committing acts of violence, is the moral equivilant of Timothy McVeigh or Osama Bin Laden, regardless of whatever outer clothes are worn.

And having said that, as the father of a Marine, I will add that the School of the Americas is a trainong ground for terrorism and should be shut down immediately.

And the definitions of "bleeding heart liberalism" that we have read here are ridiculous and absurd, and bulls***. The total lack of precision in writing, and writing from one's personal biases with such sophomoric understandings is not worthy of the better minds, the better thinking, that each member of this board possesses but denies behind the macho jock tough guy poses. 

Liberalism in the issues argued here takes in the full reality of an individual/society in a situation, seeks to understand all of the various factors that contribute to that situation, and respond accordingly to each factor.  To understand those factors as they impinge on an individual is then to respond in an approipriate way to that individual for the sake of society and that individual.  No one, however liberal, adovcated that Manson, Gacy, McVegh, or Dahmer should be let go "because grandma and grandpa were mean to them" (and whoever used tyhat phrase, come on, you can do better than that).  Actually, in each of their lives, we can trace what factors impacted on them, and knowing those, we can work to make those same factors do not affect other individuals.  Meanwhile, they each deserved their judgment in society which has an obligation to protect itself.

To understand what has affected the life of either Ligue, and respond to each with the appropriate sentence for each one as determined by the court, means we may rescue one young man from following the sad footsteps of his father, while the father gets a much needed reality check and gets his head straight while serving whatever sentence the court finds appropriate.

TESTIFY!