School shooting and God, related?

Soxy

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
Please play nice with each other. Consider this the only warning this thread will get.

Personally, I am not convinced that our lack of God as a nation is the cause of the school shooting/violence in general. Several countries with MUCH more agnostic/atheist tendencies don't have NEARLY the problem we do.

Funny before I opened this I thought you were suggesting that a faith in god was the cause, not a lack of faith.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been gone for a few weeks, and this is the first thread I am reading in the Buster since then. And I just want to say I am very impressed with most of the dialogue. Most of the points I would have wanted to see mentioned, were. And for the most part people played nice. Nice work.

I personally feel that any increase in this sort of dramatic violence (note that overall, violence has been decreasing steadily since the early 90's) is much more related to non-religious and non-faith factors. The media, the internet, violence in movies, TV and video games, etc. Remember, these are teenagers. Religion and faith are lifeling pursuits for those of such a mind, and your average teenager hasn't developed any kind of complete view on the subject. But they know plenty about what looks cool, how violence appears on the screen, and what gets attention.