Big 12 Tournament

Kansas or Texas can play into the #1 seed in the midwest with a tournament victory. If they both lose, God only knows what'll happen to the #1 seed in the midwest.

On a side note, Dickie V said saturday that Jon Scheyer is the best 6th man in the nation. Doesn't Kansas bring Sherron Collins off the bench? If so, that would go into the archive of dumb things Dookie V has uttered, as Collins is obviously better in his sleep than Scheyer is on his best day.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
Kansas or Texas can play into the #1 seed in the midwest with a tournament victory. If they both lose, God only knows what'll happen to the #1 seed in the midwest.

On a side note, Dickie V said saturday that Jon Scheyer is the best 6th man in the nation. Doesn't Kansas bring Sherron Collins off the bench? If so, that would go into the archive of dumb things Dookie V has uttered, as Collins is obviously better in his sleep than Scheyer is on his best day.

Yes, Collins is the 6th man. For the most part he has been terrible this year. He had two nagging injuries that reduced his speed. In the last few weeks he is 100 percent and has been our best player. Hell, Collinis the 6th man was Big 12 player of the week last week..

Dukie V needs to retire.

Dick had a guy right in front of him that's better than Scheyer off the bench as well in Danny Green.

Danny Green

12 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.4 bpg, 1.3 spg

Jon Scheyer

11.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.4 apg, .3 bpg, 1.3 spg

Sherron Collins

9.4 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.8 apg, .1 bpg, 1.2 spg

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
Dick had a guy right in front of him that's better than Scheyer off the bench as well in Danny Green.

Danny Green

12 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.4 bpg, 1.3 spg

Jon Scheyer

11.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.4 apg, .3 bpg, 1.3 spg

Sherron Collins

9.4 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.8 apg, .1 bpg, 1.2 spg

you are wrong, there was only one team on that court according to Dick, Duke

Diehard Jayhawk fan as some of you may know, but I'm kinda hoping they bow out before Sunday in this year's Big XII tourney, and has everything to do with past history. In any given year where KU has a really deep elite team on paper and an outstanding regular season record, they go ahead and win the Big XII tounrey only to be upset before even sniffing the Final Four. See 96-97, 97-98, ect. hell, even last year. Though somehow Hinrich, Collison and Gooden were immune to that curse. Did they win the Big XII tourney both FF years, I dont think they did??

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 09:49 PM)
Where's Heads?

I'm not the biggest fan of our basketball program right now. Our women's team is on a roll, and the Spring Game is in our sights.

There's a hell of a lot more excitement around football in Ames. I thought 45k for home games for a 1 and 2 win team in November said something about the focus around here, especially when we couldn't get 12,000 for the Kansas game in basketball.

Well I thought Baylor, like Miami of Florida, was going to just ease into a win over a lousy #12 seed today and lock themselves into the tournament by getting another win/avoiding a bad loss. However, Baylor loses, and now I have no idea where the hell they are except firmly on the bubble after this bad of a loss. The other interesting point here is Colorado won their only meeting with Oklahoma, who they will play tomorrow with this upset today, by 14. Go figure. Anyways, Baylor was a 9 before today in bracketology, so perhaps they will still make it, but they have to sweat it out big time now.

Edited by whitesoxfan101