DHL STILL THE WORST!

J-MAN

Several weeks back posted a rant about DHL that lost my shipment of final four tickets!

It gets worse!

My claim to recover any $ was denied !!!!!!!

According to them Negotiable items such as event tickets are unacceptable for transport by DHL!!!

THIS IS BULL BLEEP - SINCE I GET MY SOX TICKETS DELIVERED BY DHL.

Now I am told I have to get the refund for the shipping on the package they never delivered from Officemax ! Have to wait 21 days and try to get my money from them!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I SHIP ANYTHING DHL!

QUOTE (J-MAN @ May 5, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
Several weeks back posted a rant about DHL that lost my shipment of final four tickets!

It gets worse!

My claim to recover any $ was denied !!!!!!!

According to them Negotiable items such as event tickets are unacceptable for transport by DHL!!!

THIS IS BULL BLEEP - SINCE I GET MY SOX TICKETS DELIVERED BY DHL.

Now I am told I have to get the refund for the shipping on the package they never delivered from Officemax ! Have to wait 21 days and try to get my money from them!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I SHIP ANYTHING DHL!

Sorry buddy. My wife and I have had some shady dealings with other "service" companies. And I'm really getting sick of it. Service my ass. Call back and talk to the highest person you can, if that doesn't work, start to threaten. Write letters, go to the BBB, say you are going to tell all your friends, family, co-workers, anyone that using DHL is a big ol' pain in the butt. If that doesn't work...just hang up and go your separate ways.

So a company has problems with a certain category of items. They decide to not cover those items in case they are lost/stolen/damaged. They add that to their terms of service. Someone ships those items and has a problem. They then follow their rules. Sorry, I find it hard to fault them. They should not have to be liable for any item someone decides to ship, especially if they took steps to protect themselves and notified their customers.

You still may have a couple of avenues. I forget the original post. Did you ship this or was someone shipping it to you?

I'd ask where you would have seen that information prior to shipping. It would seem unfair if it isn't posted somewhere easy to see. Here are prohibited items.

If someone else shipped it to you, why are they not liable? Do they have any proof they really shipped it to you?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 5, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
There's some column you can write into at the Sun Times, I think it's called "The Fixer" or something, and they can normally get s*** done.

There's one in the Trib too called "What's your problem" or something

So the argument comes down to:

I know the company has a posted policy against insuring these items, I shipped them anyways, and I want the companies policy reversed because it is unfair to me?

Am I missing something? UPS and Federal Express seem to have the same policy for their standard shipments. It seems that no carrier actually insures these deliveries. Perhaps teams are able to buy special insurance. I know a number of eBay sellers use private insurance instead of the insurance that the post office provides. It arrives via the USPS, but it is insured through a thrid party. That is the same thing we did at one company I worked for. UPS only insured to $100, above that we bought private insurance for delivery, damage, theft, etc.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
So a company has problems with a certain category of items. They decide to not cover those items in case they are lost/stolen/damaged. They add that to their terms of service. Someone ships those items and has a problem. They then follow their rules. Sorry, I find it hard to fault them. They should not have to be liable for any item someone decides to ship, especially if they took steps to protect themselves and notified their customers.

You still may have a couple of avenues. I forget the original post. Did you ship this or was someone shipping it to you?

I'd ask where you would have seen that information prior to shipping. It would seem unfair if it isn't posted somewhere easy to see. Here are prohibited items.

If someone else shipped it to you, why are they not liable? Do they have any proof they really shipped it to you?

I shipped the item !

Since I receive my Sox tickets DHL would not have thought it was a problem!

Also the person asks what you are shipping - I filled in tickets - if the itme was not acceptable why the hell did they take it and ask if I wanted additional insurance!

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 5, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
So the argument comes down to:

I know the company has a posted policy against insuring these items, I shipped them anyways, and I want the companies policy reversed because it is unfair to me?

Am I missing something? UPS and Federal Express seem to have the same policy for their standard shipments. It seems that no carrier actually insures these deliveries. Perhaps teams are able to buy special insurance. I know a number of eBay sellers use private insurance instead of the insurance that the post office provides. It arrives via the USPS, but it is insured through a thrid party. That is the same thing we did at one company I worked for. UPS only insured to $100, above that we bought private insurance for delivery, damage, theft, etc.

IT IS NOT POSTED - actually if you go to their website under terms tickets are not specifically listed.

That needs to be expalined to them and the cornerstone of your case. They offered the additional insurance. The fact that the Sox used them does not mean that they insured those tickets. There is private insurance available or the Sox may have self insured. For example, UPS does not cover any item that is being shipped to be repaired. So if you have a printer with a broken paper feed, and they destroy the display, not covered. People in the business make the decision to "take their chances" or find alternative shipping.

QUOTE (J-MAN @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:33 AM)
Since I receive my Sox tickets DHL would not have thought it was a problem!

That to me is why I agree with you, this is total B.S. Not only do the Sox send their tickets DHL, but DHL claims to be the official shipping company of MLB. And they won't insure tickets?!?!?!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
That to me is why I agree with you, this is total B.S. Not only do the Sox send their tickets DHL, but DHL claims to be the official shipping company of MLB. And they won't insure tickets?!?!?!

The real issue is their clerks did not accurately inform the customer and they should stand behind their clerk's actions. Also, if they said negotiable items, I do not believe 99% of people would understand that meant sports tickets. I would have thought cash, stock certificates, blank money orders, gift certificates, etc.I understand having a policy against insuring those items, but that has to be conveyed, clearly, to people shipping.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 5, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
So a company has problems with a certain category of items. They decide to not cover those items in case they are lost/stolen/damaged. They add that to their terms of service.

I had that problem with an acrylic display board we had designed to hold various forms we printed. I used to ship them to Wendy's locations throughout Illinois and Wisconsin. FedEx was the vendor of choice, we even consulted with them on packaging design. I had to buy special boxes that cost a fortune to hold these things (they were about 3'x4' and fairly fragile) and had the design and construction approved by fedEx each step of the way. Then they proceed to break 15 of the first 40 I sent. I insured each one, cost of $300 each for the boards, used packaging approved by fedEx, and they knew what was going into it. They denied all but my first claim, saying that according to some rule they had, they wouldn't insure the display boards. It would have helped if at any time before I spent $12,000 on the boards, and $1000 on specially made boxes, AND PAID to have them insured, they would have mentioned the fact that they couldn't insure them. I thinnk they just made it up or added that after the fact. Anyway, it left me holding the bag for over $3000 of busted acrylic pices, and pretty much told me to take a hike. We took one of the boards and boxed it up and subjected it to some abuse ourselves. It held up to drops from about 2 feet, falling flat from a standing position and having about 200 lbs on it. It finally broke when we placed it over 2 chairs with no support in the middle and had all 250+lbs of me stand on it, sort of jumping. THEN it broke. Really makes you wonder what they were doing to them to break 15 of them. They all suck at times, and they all hate to give you money back.