Brad Eldred

wbicker2424

Brad is hitting .291, with 12 home runs and 36 RBI's in 127 AB's, with an OPB of .348, and a SLG of .656 for an OPS of just over 1. Too bad he doesn't walk much and couldn't be a Jack Cust type. His MLB batting average is .199 in 200 career at bats, but it looks as if he may have been injured for parts of the last two seasons. I'm curious what he could do with another shot in the big leagues...

QUOTE (soxfaninpa @ May 12, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
Brad is hitting .291, with 12 home runs and 36 RBI's in 127 AB's, with an OPB of .348, and a SLG of .656 for an OPS of just over 1. Too bad he doesn't walk much and couldn't be a Jack Cust type. His MLB batting average is .199 in 200 career at bats, but it looks as if he may have been injured for parts of the last two seasons. I'm curious what he could do with another shot in the big leagues...

I assumed when you said tearing it up, that he was actually tearing it up. AAA OBP and BA like that doesnt bode well for a promotion.

If you are looking for a bat with some sick numbers, look at what David Cook (B-Ham) did last year and is doing this year. Hitting .316, slugging .632, his OBP is .463 (making an OPS of 1.094). Cook has 7 home runs in a month of play, and playing in a non-homer-friendly park. He put up a similar OPS in B-Ham last year in a late call-up from W-S. And he walks more than he strikes out. He's old at 26, but it looks like he may have figured it out. He may be in Charlotte before long.

He's intriguing...I've always kind of liked Eldred, but I usually like guys that can hit the ball 5000 feet. If he can keep up anything resembling his May production thus far - .400/.481/1.022/1.503 with 7 homers and 7 doubles already - and be a 1.000+ OPS guy in the minors, I'd see him having a legitimate shot in the majors. He's a longshot to say the least and is a AAAA player, but he could have his value in the majors.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 13, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)
He's intriguing...I've always kind of liked Eldred, but I usually like guys that can hit the ball 5000 feet. If he can keep up anything resembling his May production thus far - .400/.481/1.022/1.503 with 7 homers and 7 doubles already - and be a 1.000+ OPS guy in the minors, I'd see him having a legitimate shot in the majors. He's a longshot to say the least and is a AAAA player, but he could have his value in the majors.

You said it better than me. That's what I meant when I said he was tearing it up. I've seen him homer in person and he certainly does crush the ball. As for the poster who mentioned David Cook, I agree, I would like to see what he could do at Charlotte and the K/BB ratio is definitely a positive.