MLB players survey from SI

cwsox

One thing that didn't surprise me is the fact that KW was voted the 5th worst GM. Wait a minute, maybe that does surprise me, why isn't he first?

Also JM in 3rd from worst manager and Larry Bowa beat him out. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Larry.

One thing that didn't surprise me is the fact that KW was voted the 5th worst GM.  Wait a minute, maybe that does surprise me, why isn't he first?

Also JM in 3rd from worst manager and Larry Bowa beat him out.  I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Larry.

no way would i want Bowa -

i thought it was odd that Wrigley ranks high as a favorite place to play and so low as to quality of ball field

I like reading stuff like this. I notice that Chicago is the favorite city by a very large margin over its closest competitor the Big Apple. Baseball players must have some sense of what's good, Chicago really is a great city. It made me miss the place again. Those of you who still live within 50 miles or so of Chicago consider yourself fortunate. For all its faults Chicago is still one of a handful of first rate cities. The more you travel the more you'll appreciate the place.

i thought it was odd that Wrigley ranks high as a favorite place to play and  so low as to quality of ball field

Players probably buy into that whole "atmosphere" thing just like the Cub "fans" do.

Funny the players voted a racist as the best manager :lolhitting

Definately some interesting results there.

It's kind of funny how the Cubs have everything so "good" and we have everything so "bad", yet, we are, as a team, actually better then them.

I also find it funny how Chicago can be on both the best and worst cities to play in list.

Best living player? I'd have to say Willie Mays.

I've taken a ton of s*** from cubs fans because we are the worst AL fans

Tells ya something that Cub fans are worried about Sox fans being the worst. Worry about your own damn team and shut the hell up.

I've taken a ton of s*** from cubs fans because we are the worst AL fans

it doesn't say the Sox have the worst fans - the question is very vague as stated - it is which city has the worst fans -

those survey results could be interpreted to mean that AL players are getting pissed off at cubs players running on our field -

but there are way too many ujnknowns and variables here to conclude anything

look at best place to play and Wrigley gets votes - yet ranks high s worst field and worst locker rooms - maybe it got high votes because it is a minor league park (and it is... built for the old Federal league team in Chicago, it was built as a mnoir league park) and easy for the visitors to win there -

without more interpretation of the numbers, can't conclude a thing -

I don't think all of the categories are being highlighted on that link Vince. They were talking on Chicago Sports radio here that the survey revealed that the Cub fans were the 2nd best in baseball and that the White Sox fans were the League's worst in baseball. St. Louis was voted best fans in baseball according to the SCORE.

Think the players may have voted White Sox fans the worst in the league due to a few CUB FANS ????? BTW..... if attendance was the issue on players minds when voting for "Best Fans," how the hell were we voted the worst when we're in the same league as Tampa Bay and all 11,000 of their fans that showed up Sunday..... and alot of those were Sox fans :huh: .

si... theyre cub fans

wow, you just proved that you know nothing.

remember that whole Rick Reiley vs. Sammy Sosa thing last summer.

Plus the magazine as a whole is biased towards either the Yankees or the Red Sox, because most of there writers are from the NE.

wow, you just proved that you know nothing.

remember that whole Rick Reiley vs. Sammy Sosa thing last summer.

Plus the magazine as a whole is biased towards either the Yankees or the Red Sox, because most of there writers are from the NE.

Thanks. I didn't think anyone noticed.