Would you throw out the First Pitch at Wrigley?

JoeBatterz

Sox Fan or Not?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. If given the chance, would you throw out the first pitch at Wrigley Field for a Cubs Game, if you were dressed in a mascot costume?

• Yes I would do it and be excited about it.
    • Yes, I would do it for work, but not tell any other Sox Fans.
    • I would refuse to do it, even wearing a costume for work.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 19, 2008 -> 08:38 AM)
So basically, you hate the Cubs more than you hate the Indians, Tigers, Royals, and Twins, all of whom are much more important in the baseball world for the Sox considering the Sox play them a hell of a lot more often than the Cubs and they are all in the same division as the Sox.

Yep, in my case, I feel the same way (although hate is too strong of a word) cuz I deal with a lot more Cubs fans than any of those other teams. I have a lot more respect for those other teams.

Edited by vandy125

I was raised in Europe and this might be a little drastic but in big European Cities such as Madrit, London, Munich, Barcelona, Milan, etc. Once a fan of the team you better not be caught being involved with the opposite team from the same city, your life might be in danger.

never been to wrigley....why start now

actually up until a little over a year ago i had never been to another MLB stadium other than the cell/old comisky....which none of my friends could believe, being that im such a huge baseball fan

Edited by daa84

Glad to see that this has been a good topic for us.

A few points of clarification:

If given the choice between losing my job or wearing the mascot uniform and doing, it, I would have to give in and do it. As has been mentioned before, it is not worth losing your job over. However, I would just keep it to myself or when I told my buddies what I did, I would make sure to b**** and moan adequately.

Regarding not doing it at Wrigley compared to our divisional rivals, can you come up with a bigger arch-rival for the White Sox among that bunch than the Cubbies? Growing up on the South Side, I can not think of a bigger rival for us. Although, the poster from Europe brought up a great point regarding overseas rivalries. People do get killed over this stuff and take it way more serious than we do for the most part. Glad to see that we just created a little poll to weigh in with our choices.

:gosox3: